Central Locking Problem on Xsara

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Kerzo

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon FR
When you the remote CL button is pressed the car locks and unlocks again straight away, none of the doors are ajar and cant think of anything else

Anyone have any ideas?

Antoin

RMS Regular
Drives
E60 535d
Happens to my 306 the odd time dont know what causes it unfortunately, possibly could be the wiring harness in the doors as they are prone to failure, it just eventually goes away for awhile. Another example of dodgy french electrics im afraid.

xspeedstarx

RMS Regular
Drives
X 5 r33 gtr
you have a loose/ broken wire somewhere in the system. Most likely it will be at one of the doors, just pull back the rubber cover at each door and check the wiring. Had same prob with a 306 i used to own, turned out one of the bullet connectors had worked loose over time, popped it back in and everything back to normal:laughing:

cruiser4life

RMS Regular
Drives
Astra GSi Turbo/
happened to my old xsara as well, my wiring harnesses were ok, it turned out 2 be seized mechanism inside the door panel at the lock. took off the panel and oiled it and it was fine after that.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.