Charles hurst used direct warranty

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Picking up a new car next week from hursts used direct as our Leon goes back to the lease company. We get 6 months warranty with it and we are considering taking an extra 12 months for £399. Just wondering are they quite good at paying out or do they worm their way out of it as with some warranty companies . Theres bound to be a few on here that have bought from hursts or work for hursts.

Thanks

Barry

300trophy

RMS Regular
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
The Plan A warranty is the one you want to be going for. The Plan B policy names certain components so it is very specific. Plan A will cover everything except certain components so is much more comprehensive.

There is no limit to the amount of claims, no excess and no maximum value for either policy. Though an assessor will come out to confirm the claim is legitimate for any claim over £500 iirc.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Put a new clutch and flywheel into a 4 year old Leon for me. Im sure many other places would have given me the old wear and tear excuse.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
What car is it? £399 isn’t a bargain for a generic warranty. I’d try the manufacture for a quote. To give you an idea my TT was £370 for an Audi warranty, the A7 was £450, Golf was £330 and 335 was £600 odd.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
OP
Burt2000
Drives
Type RA Ltd
It’s a Volvo S60 2012, but because it’s over 5 years old they will
Only offer the plan B warranty. I though £400 was steep myself for a generic warranty

300trophy

RMS Regular
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
It’s a Volvo S60 2012, but because it’s over 5 years old they will
Only offer the plan B warranty. I though £400 was steep myself for a generic warranty

I wouldn’t bother extending it in that instance. Just take the standard 6 months. I used to work on a Charles Hurst service desk (now non customer facing) and used to hate seeing a vehicle come in with a Plan B warranty. Chances where the item required wasn’t covered and an argument would follow...

Jonesy

RMS Regular
Picking up a new car next week from hursts used direct as our Leon goes back to the lease company. We get 6 months warranty with it and we are considering taking an extra 12 months for £399. Just wondering are they quite good at paying out or do they worm their way out of it as with some warranty companies . Theres bound to be a few on here that have bought from hursts or work for hursts.

Thanks

Barry
Got a car from them and i needed the 2 years warranty i got as it was in quite a bi5 having alot of items replaced

Burt2000

RMS Regular
OP
Burt2000
Drives
Type RA Ltd
If I can get a Volvo one I’d rather go for it but will see what happens, the plan b hurst one covers a lot of the major stuff as far as I can see, was yours a plan b or plan a one @Jonesy

Jonesy

RMS Regular
If I can get a Volvo one I’d rather go for it but will see what happens, the plan b hurst one covers a lot of the major stuff as far as I can see, was yours a plan b or plan a one @Jonesy
Plan A i believe i think car came with a years warranty and we paid for a 2nd. Was a vw jetta and needed calipers, door locks, wiring, door mechanisms , window regulators etc
No hassle at all booked in with toyota then it went to renault for last 12 months warranty or visa versa to get work done

belfastbrm

RMS Regular
I had one and tbh there was always a hassle trying to sort things and generally it was easier not to argue.

One example was a brake calliper seized damgaging the disk. they covered the caliper but they wouldn't cover the new disk or pad as they are where classed as wear and tare.

Also I think that if you take an extended warranty it voids the free warranty

HairyPotter

RMS Regular
Drives
Exeo
dont expect them to be overly accomodating.
6 weeks after i got my car from them, the wipers stopped working, service manager didnt want to know.
offered to look at it the following week, and couldnt give me a curtsey car.
amazingly when the car "Broke down" blocking their site entrance they were able to get me another car within about 20 mins and had the issue fixed with a local auto electrician in less than 24hrs.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
OP
Burt2000
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Thanks for the replies think i'll just take the 6 months free and keep my £400! I had a feeling that if you extend it you only get 12 months in total and not 18 months.

Loggie

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra
Thread bump - no real experience of car dealers. What are hursts like to work with on second hand In general?

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
I've found them absolutely fine. Big upsell on the extras and little to be had in the way of discounts.

Dont bother wasting your time on the price promise though. It's a load of crap.

ShaunB

RMS Regular
it’s Charles hurst premium Belfast
I bought a W212 E63 AMG from premium direct on boucher. And extended warranty for the year on the good plan ( plan A I think).
They were great, and I made a warranty claim too without any fuss

Loggie

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra
Thanks gents that’s reassuring to hear! How are they for sorting slight cosmetic things as part of the deal or can you expect to pay more? I have heard there isn’t much room on list price at all

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Thanks gents that’s reassuring to hear! How are they for sorting slight cosmetic things as part of the deal or can you expect to pay more? I have heard there isn’t much room on list price at all

Had a scuff and a broken mirror sorted, they refused one other thing but didnt think 2/3 was too bad.

ShaunB

RMS Regular
They seem ok with that, they have carsmetic a stone throw away. I believe they are all the same company anyway.
I've no experience of them personally, but a fella in work spoke well about them for alloy refurbishment

PDK

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E92 & E46
They own carsmetic on Boucher road.
when we bought the wife’s car I had them paint a bumper, refurb a diamond cut alloy and take a few dents out as part of the deal.

And replace a ditch finder with a matching continental tyre.

Brian mc21

RMS Regular
When the other half bought her 135 from them there was ditch finders fitted to the front of it. Got them to put proper tyres on though there was no movement on the asking price and it was around £23k or so.