"Cheap" motorsport?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

browne174

RMS Regular
Drives
200sx
How about Stock Car racing at Nutts Corner.

I race in the "Rookie Bangers" class which is probably one of the cheapest classes there is. All you need is a Car, Bucket seat, harness, racing fuel tank, Helmet, overalls, gloves.

I can get you a set of rules and regs if you like, its all very basic but is brilliant craic.

seaside-racer

RMS Regular
Drives
discovery & wrx
If your going down the route of a car i cant emphasise how much car control you learn from autotesting. Plus at 10-20 quid an event its cheap, friendly, fun, and a great way into motorsport. Nothing special needed you can even use your road car. The tscc is running a charity autotest in february its not part of any championship so is very relaxed and a great day out. Entry for this is about 25 quid but that also gets a years membership to the club. And if you want to progress to sprints/hillclimbs you dont need a cage etc if you use a road legal car, though i would recommend safety equipment as accidents can happen. If you want anymore info send us a pm, and ill try and give as much advice as possible

RallyCiaran

RMS Regular
Drives
Nova 1600 8v
i thought u kinda had to stick the speed limits?!:innocent:

You dont actually need to do anything to the car to do night navs. There was a guy this year who used a very new C4 in the expert class and he didn't wreck it.

For me, a short car with a good handbreak is desirable though. On the Dawnbreaker we missed a road and I could just nip the Nova round in the width of the road whereas the guy following us in an Impreza estate had to carry on till he found an entrance to turn in, saved me loads of time.

VWChrisMk2

RMS Regular
Drives
MK2 Golf
How about Stock Car racing at Nutts Corner.

I race in the "Rookie Bangers" class which is probably one of the cheapest classes there is. All you need is a Car, Bucket seat, harness, racing fuel tank, Helmet, overalls, gloves.

I can get you a set of rules and regs if you like, its all very basic but is brilliant craic.

Also another cheap option.. now i know its motorsport and there are rules... but they can be quite leanient ;)

Cheap, and great banter

forde

RMS Regular
Drives
Vectra SRi
auto testing cant be that cheap i thought you needed a prepped car?

nav rallies and RTV offroad are cheapest as you can use your own motor i wouldve thought.

when my insurance is up i might change my gti for somethin that i can do offroading in.

forde

RMS Regular
Drives
Vectra SRi
i thought u kinda had to stick the speed limits?!:innocent:

yeah but the roads are bad lol

im sure they penalise you for arriving too early at hte points as well as too late? you have to be there within a window. although if you get lost then you would have to press on lol.

chunky

RMS Regular
Drives
Lots
whats the craic with go-karting? don't mean like what was said about a league at a go kart centre, but with a club and going to tracks?

Always said if I had a bit of money to spare ( and halved my body weight) I would love to get into it.

forde

RMS Regular
Drives
Vectra SRi
afaik its pretty expensive my mates dad is into karting and mechanics for racers and writes for a kart mag and there seems to be a lot of money in the wee things

plus there isnt that many places over here to race them i dont think? youd maybe need to be going over to the mainland all the time if you want to be properly racing in a championship or cup or whatever.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.