Cheap runaround around 2k?

hitandamiss

RMS Regular
Drives
Nothing
Looking a small cheap runaround for a few years while we work on the house. Must be around 2.2k or less, petrol, preferably less than 100k with some history.

Was hoping for clio 172 or similar but don't have time to go to england for one.

Anything about? cash waiting

hitandamiss

RMS Regular
OP
hitandamiss
Drives
Nothing
Thanks for suggestions sent through, still looking for something hopefully this week

Jason

RMS Regular

Simon998

RMS Regular
Drives
Cayman S
I've a 172 I could be convinced to sell. I just don't use it as much as I'd hoped. Milage is pretty high but it hasn't as much as coughed in the time I've owned it and always starts first turn.

I brought it over from England last June, 124k, a folder full (£15k+) of receipts inc a new engine at 70k. The bodywork isn't great, but mechanically it's perfect. The interior is in great condition with no seat wear or the usual melting steering wheel. I'm just waiting to get it MOT'd here then I might stick it up for sale.

m00k

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden

I brought this in from England some 4 years ago and just got it traded back in, great daily for someone. New shocks, brakes, tyres etc etc etc

Perfect daily hacker... 130 is a great engine all round and highline a lovely spec

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
At a couple of grand, you’d be better buying on what you see in front of you, it’s current condition, how it drives, spec/upgrades etc as opposed to a documented history which could be falsified or what the seller is telling you which could be nonsense.

Plenty of cars out there with full history that are dogs or buckets of crap, and on the flip side, some of the best cars available to buy won’t have a folder of receipts or an air box covered in a Tipex service schedule...

Again, at that money, mileage is negligible considering a 172 could be 16 year old now averaging 10k miles a year and showing 160k which is less than average miles...

Neil_M

RMS Regular
I'd look at an R50 Mini Cooper at that price personally.

A 172 as mentioned above would be epic too :grinning:.

domo gti

RMS Regular
Drives
6n2/PoloGTI+
Any interest in a 2001 VW Polo GTI? Was thinking of selling to free up some space.