Cheap Runaround

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Needs to comfortably carry 4 adults, be in decent mechanical order, have MOT and a towbar would be a bonus.

Dont mind if its petrol or diesel, towbar would be a bonus. Ideally a comfy cruiser.

Budget in and around £1500.

NI_Volvo_Nut

RMS Regular
Drives
Volvo's!

One I have been looking after the last few years, timing belt at 180k, FSH, needs MOT in July but should pass without too much issue. Has towbar and 7 seat kit.

domo gti

RMS Regular
Drives
6n2/PoloGTI+
Id maybe sell my mk5 Golf Estate 1.9TDI.
I was going to use it as my daily driver but could be tempted to sell it and just keep my polo.

willswheels

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW!
Silver 2001 BMW 528i Sport, Auto, Black Leather, 122k, MOT until December, driving perfectly. No towbar fitted but E39 towbars are cheap. Has HIDs and wiring in place for subwoofer. £1750

Boksic

RMS Regular

One I have been looking after the last few years, timing belt at 180k, FSH, needs MOT in July but should pass without too much issue. Has towbar and 7 seat kit.

Half looking out for something to have sitting about to do the odd bit of towing, maybe 1.5-2 tonne plus the trailer. Do these d5s tow well? Does it make much difference manual/auto? Cheers 👍

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
My Dad's 5 series is still there haven't had two mins to advertise it. Been sitting at work since its MOT in dry storage. Tow bar etc on it

NickR

RMS Regular
OP
NickR
Drives
A6/E39 530i
My Dad's 5 series is still there haven't had two mins to advertise it. Been sitting at work since its MOT in dry storage. Tow bar etc on it
I'll see if I still have the pictures and details on it.

dub

RMS Regular
Drives
Aero Wagon
Got this wee lugger.

Please view this ad:

2004 Ford Focus LX 1.6 estate (petrol),

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Half looking out for something to have sitting about to do the odd bit of towing, maybe 1.5-2 tonne plus the trailer. Do these d5s tow well? Does it make much difference manual/auto? Cheers 👍

1800kg apparently so would need to be a very light braked trailer. There was an image of one on here towing a fairly heavy car on a transporter. It may have felt fine but it was almost certainly illegal unfortunately. For those sorts of weights plus a trailer you're really into 4x4 territory.

NI_Volvo_Nut

RMS Regular
Drives
Volvo's!
Manual is easier on fuel, other than that both will happily do the job. Know a guy regularly uses his for stock cars (towing them - not competing lol)

Steviegsi

RMS Regular
Drives
E46 M3
Needs to comfortably carry 4 adults, be in decent mechanical order, have MOT and a towbar would be a bonus.

Dont mind if its petrol or diesel, towbar would be a bonus. Ideally a comfy cruiser.

Budget in and around £1500.

DSC_0020.JPG

I'm looking about £900 for this.

2000 e280 v6 petrol auto. Mot'd til September, Black heated leather, CD changer etc. Original Amg 18s, 132k miles, full history up to 112k ish. Original owner up until the start of the year, who then sold it to the fella I bought it from in mid March. I've put around 2k miles on it and it hasn't missed a beat on my fast A road commute. 204 bhp so goes rightly. Really comfortable bus for running around in. No tow bar though. Can drop the price considerably without the wheels if interested.

NickR

RMS Regular
OP
NickR
Drives
A6/E39 530i
View attachment 237039

I'm looking about £900 for this.

2000 e280 v6 petrol auto. Mot'd til September, Black heated leather, CD changer etc. Original Amg 18s, 132k miles, full history up to 112k ish. Original owner up until the start of the year, who then sold it to the fella I bought it from in mid March. I've put around 2k miles on it and it hasn't missed a beat on my fast A road commute. 204 bhp so goes rightly. Really comfortable bus for running around in. No tow bar though. Can drop the price considerably without the wheels if interested.
That could be the ticket. Anymore pictures of it to show the other half as she will be using it as much as me?

Steviegsi

RMS Regular
Drives
E46 M3
That could be the ticket. Anymore pictures of it to show the other half as she will be using it as much as me?

Yeah no worries. Fire me your number across and I'll Watts app you... My phone pics are too big to upload. 07801231657 is mine.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.