Cheapest place for 70mm square timber?

gingfto

RMS Regular
Drives
CLS500 (5.5)
Samuel kirk in Glengormley will have 69x69mm PAR. Prices are normally pretty reasonable for anything else I’ve got from there.

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
Who knows?
Samuel kirk in Glengormley will have 69x69mm PAR. Prices are normally pretty reasonable for anything else I’ve got from there.
Ah yes! How’d I forget about those guys! 🤦🏻‍♂️😂 cheers for reminding me lol. I’ll call in with them on Monday.

Robber

RMS Regular
Drives
Fiats mainly
What's the deal with wood prices atm? Have a fair bit of fencing to do, but can wait a few months if prices are likely to go down again.

biffy.2008

RMS Regular
Drives
yaris t-sport
Americans buying our eu stock as there’s a ban on Canada I think... plus the whole Covid crap and people getting free money doesn’t help anything. It’s same with all building materials..... cars.... food.... house prices....

Another recession round the corner

thomas_lad

RMS Regular
What's the deal with wood prices atm? Have a fair bit of fencing to do, but can wait a few months if prices are likely to go down again.
Wont be going down this year from what i hear. And all the home grown timber is sh1te atm because it isnt being properly dried out and is still damp in the core, which leads to drying out and splitting a few weeks/months down the line.

i would honestly leave it until next year if you can before doing this work.

Eddies

RMS Regular
Drives
Really well
As @thomas_lad says. Its not for coming down. Another rise is due 1st of July. So you either bite the bullet now or hold for a year.

Bryan

RMS Regular
Timber prices are mental at the minute. I started pricing my car port build 2/3 months ago and I've seen a massive increase since then. I wish I hadn't started the job now but I have decided to just bite the bullet and buy up what I need before any more increases.

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Father in law had priced a house 2 years ago, and architect contacted him last week to see what sort of uplift he would need.
Building suppliers told him timber has went up 60% since the start of January.

Robber

RMS Regular
Drives
Fiats mainly
Madness. Surely not sustainable. I'm shelving my fencing plans til next year. Have enough posts and wire to make do. Might even just plant a hedge come Autumn.

Mel_45

RMS Regular
Drives
megane
Madness. Surely not sustainable. I'm shelving my fencing plans til next year. Have enough posts and wire to make do. Might even just plant a hedge come Autumn.

Live in hope that once holidays are back in play for the masses, there will be a downturn in the home renovations. However, I think that the inflated prices will now be here to stay.

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
Who knows?
So whoever suggested Andy’s Stores, bloody good shout!

I didn’t go in for the timber as mentioned on this thread, but for decorative quadrant moulding for the living room……

B&Q - £52 for 8 x 2.2m lengths
Andy’s Stores - £19.40 for 8 x 2.4m lengths and a box of 1” panel pins!! Nearly a third of the price.

This begs the question, how do either stay in business? Andy’s for doing it so cheap or B&Q for ripping the bag outta prices???

Robber

RMS Regular
Drives
Fiats mainly
Any updates on the wood prices. I see the price has dropped back at stock market level, but have the local merchants come back down yet?

Eddies

RMS Regular
Drives
Really well
Any updates on the wood prices. I see the price has dropped back at stock market level, but have the local merchants come back down yet?
Stock markets down, certain timbers rising another 45% as of 1st of August, some companies are running a 48.9% rise same date.