cheapest way to send wheels

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Marc

RMS Moderator
I have seen a set of wheels in england that I would like to buy, but need to know the best people to get the seller to send them through.

I have searched the forum, but the search function is wan ked.

So help appreciated.

Thanks

Marc

CapMan

Banned
Drives
Wait and see!
Parcelforce, get them to put two wheels in a box and send them as two packages. Unless their rates have gone up, it should be about £40

jason Dturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
C2 GT
it would be quite deer to get them sent over what kind of weight are you talking. if you know someone buying alot of stuff from someone over they could bring them back for you. i know a boy that goes over every couple of weeks to get stuff for the shop il ask him when he is going over next and see if it if close to where you whant the wheels. like pablo sayes £70

pablo

RMS Moderator
if there are no tyres then you could bundle into 2 lots for parcel2go too - 25kg per package tho.

Ive use parcelfarce 48 to send to england but its dearer this way

Marc

RMS Moderator
OP
Marc
how much would a 16" alloy weigh do you think? std cupra rims

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
Where are they? I'll more than likely be heading to england some time later this week, maybe weekend ...... if it was on my route I would lift them.

Gaz

CapMan

Banned
Drives
Wait and see!
Not sure why people are saying £70 for a set, i've had loads of sets of wheels sent over for around £40...

Marc

RMS Moderator
OP
Marc
Gaz said:
Where are they? I'll more than likely be heading to england some time later this week, maybe weekend ...... if it was on my route I would lift them.

Gaz

cheers mate, i haave emailed him to find out where he is located and if its on your way I'd appreciate that :grinning:

Martyn

RMS Regular
Marc... use parcel force. They are as good as any..

How did the car detailing go BTW??

No pics?

brendy

RMS Regular
i sent a set of std 16" seat rims a couple of years ago for qaround 42 quid marc, it was either business post or dhl, in two boxes with air let out to fit tem both in (and save weight fnar fnar!)

Marc

RMS Moderator
OP
Marc
3 of the tyres are shot anyway, so i will be asking him just to remove them all, what good is a single tyre to me :grinning:

cheers for the suggestions, i have a few numbers i have to call now

PeteM

RMS Regular
Drives
Passat CC
Trade secret for ya'll here ;)

Parcel force dont weight anything lol!

ive been using them for years and producing random weights from my wonderful imagination

Therefore 4 wheels - 2 packages 30kg in total is bout 27 quid or something

Marc

RMS Moderator
OP
Marc
lol.. thanks alot pete!! i shall try that then, parcel force also do pickup don't they?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.