Cherished Transfer

Rob

RMS Regular
Drives
Amarok V6
I own 2 vehicles and want to transfer a plate between them. So far I have used the online service to put the plate onto Retention and paid the £80 retention fee.

I am struggling now to put it onto vehicle B, can anyone advise what I need to do? From following the guides online it says I should receive a Certificate of Entitlement, but 10 days after putting the plate on retention nothing has arrived by post or by email. When I call the Cherished Transfers department at DVLA, it says they are closed due to Covid

Any ideas? :weary_face: or am I being a numpty? lol

J55NI

RMS Regular
Once it was completed online did you not receive a long number which can be used instantly to assign it online again to another vehicle?

RevT

RMS Regular
I know DVA are processing no paper applications at the minute. One mate is waiting almost 3 months on a paper application for cherished transfer and I’ve been waiting almost the same for a V5 for a car I purchased.

It’s a bit annoying but what can we do?

bigpupcooper

RMS Regular
Drives
m135i, m40i
As above. You should have got a long number starting or ending with the reg. That can be used to put it on. if you selected email confirmation, you’ll have it there also plus a pdf

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
I know DVA are processing no paper applications at the minute. One mate is waiting almost 3 months on a paper application for cherished transfer and I’ve been waiting almost the same for a V5 for a car I purchased.

It’s a bit annoying but what can we do?
I had the V5 for the M3 in 4 days. Wonder why some go through quicker? Maybe because the dealership done it online?

RevT

RMS Regular
I had the V5 for the M3 in 4 days. Wonder why some go through quicker? Maybe because the dealership done it online?

Online works in about 3-4 days, I’ve received about 2-3 books that way in the past month, however one book was lost and I had to apply for a new book. Turns out they’re not opening any paper applications so it’s lying in a pile in Swansea and f*ck knows when it’ll be looked at.

Rob

RMS Regular
OP
Rob
Drives
Amarok V6
Got the retention document today by post, so hopefully I’ll be able to transfer it online using that.