Chris Evans confirmed as Top Gear presenter

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

PoddyM

RMS Regular
Drives
GT86
On the RMS Blog: The BBC has announced that TV and BBC Radio 2 personality, Chris Evans, will replace Jeremy Clarkson as the lead presenter of an all-new Top Gear line-up,
Evans said he was “thrilled” to get the job, describing the motoring show as his “favourite programme of all time”.
“I promise I will do everything I possibly can to respect what has gone on before and take the show forward,” he added.

Car nut Evans,  has signed a three-year deal with the BBC Two show, he had previously been tipped to replace his good friend Clarkson but at the time he insisted he was not interested.

An “all-new” line-up means Clarkson’s co-hosts Richard Hammond and James May will not be involved.

Once the news broke, Evans tweeted “First tweet as new Top Gear host. (Read the Full Article Here)

Read the Entire Article Here

davey-dimples

RMS Regular
Drives
E90 330D

tumblr_ncc8dl75Yz1tsp4aho3_r1_500.gif

Mickylad

RMS Regular
Drives
M2Comp/i3
Will reserve judgement until his first episode airs, dare say this will open the door to Clarkson, Hammond & May to get something started with some other channel!

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
I think he'll be perfect for it.

Looking forward to watching it again now. Hopefully Hammond is more bearable without Clarkson there too.

Ah, it appears the other pair are away too!

Last edited:

Ben

RMS Regular
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
People complain too much. Now we get 2 Top Gear(esque) shows! Rumours are that Clarkson Hammond and May are shooting for a Netflix series. That would be awesome, no restrictions at all.

Last edited:

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
People complain too much. Now we get 2 Top Gear(esque) show! Rumours are that Clarkson Hammond and May are shooting for a Netflix series. That would be awesome, no restrictions at all.

Exactly. Now we get a couple of shows to watch :grinning:

Not a huge Evans fan personally but will undoubtedly end up watching it anyway lol

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
To be fair hes the only one that would stand a chance of reviving the show since Clarkson was sacked.

If theres still a topgear and a new show with Clarkson coming elsewhere its win win for me!

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
Can't say I'm a fan of Evans, however I will reserve judgement until I've watched a few of the new episodes. I'm a Clarkson fan so I will always be comparing it to the original

Cartunes

RMS Regular
Drives
Schkodah
Ageism at it's worst here yet again by the BBC - everyone knows that these 3 were perfect to replace the Terrible Trio after Clarkson's Losing Right Hook -
clarkson.png
hammoond.jpg
may.png

wogan.png
hunniford.jpg
cliff.jpg

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
Christ, give the man a chance. No one knows what the new show will entail or what features they'll keep. For all we know, the format will completely change. The amount of bellyaching on social media about this when no one has seen a single second of it grinds my gears.

collyirwin11

RMS Regular
Drives
RS/Mk2 GTi
Christ, give the man a chance. No one knows what the new show will entail or what features they'll keep. For all we know, the format will completely change. The amount of bellyaching on social media about this when no one has seen a single second of it grinds my gears.
I would love them to get rid of the celebrity crap, star in the car, but I suppose that was the platform for top gear and they are unlikely to change that element. I look forward to the new series, as long as Jodie Kidd isn't on it :p

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.