Chris Evans Confirms 2016 Top Gear Team

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
On the RMS Blog: In a tweet earlier this morning, Chris Evans has now confirmed the lineup for the 2016 Top Gear team. We briefly look at the credentials of this entirely new breed of presenters taking on the mammoth task of holding onto a huge audience cultivated by Clarkson, Hammond and May.

(Read the Full Article Here)

Read the Entire Article Here

Cooper

Site Manager
OP
Cooper
Drives
C63 / Emira
Let the crying commence. Me, it's got cars in it I'll give it a whirl.
That size of cast reminds me of old Top Gear. Eddie Jordan is Tony Mason and rallying is swapped out for F1. Harris is the Clarkson - motoring writer comes presenter. Evans is a different animal; in his favour an astute guy in front of and behind the camera. He has the character and tenacity to make something work. S1 of 'new' top gear was particularly bumpy and this series may be no different. We may just have to ride out the Jason Dawe period.

189447996144bad42e6c234cf4a23d6cfcf4d48d.jpg

No May here!

And finally if you haven't read And On That Bombshell yet, or even if you have, this is well worth listening to. Matt Farah from the smoking tyre interviews Richard Porter on TG.

And On That Bombshell - Richard Porter - The Smoking Tire

veedubnoodle

RMS Regular
Drives
her crazy
I'll still watch it to be honest, but I can see a lot of that line up disappearing over the first few years of this new show.

Everyone forgets how awkward the first few series of Clarksons Top Gear were and it took a couple of years to get it right. Give it time and I'm sure at least 3 of the people in that line up will gel together and create a good show, but at the minute it looks like the BBC are just hiring as many people as possible in the hope that they find the 3 they need.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Looking forward to it as well. Almost everyone complained about the previous show for the last 2 series so hopefully this will be better.

I think they could have gotten away with having just 'Evans, Harris & Schmitz'

What Eddie Jordan brings to it I don't know.

johnm

RMS Regular
Its a car show not a fashion parade!

Should be a good show, that actually will be car related instead of 2 planks arsing about.

Mont

RMS Regular
Drives
SupraMINIMX5
I guess it's a big crew as PC BBC had to make sure they included a woman, one non-white person and a senior citizen.

I'm still hoping that they can make it work though.

Neil_M

RMS Regular
I quite like the line up, it's a good mixture of people, so hopefully it actually ends up being a car show again :grinning:

Gambit

RMS Regular
I'll still watch it to be honest, but I can see a lot of that line up disappearing over the first few years of this new show.

Everyone forgets how awkward the first few series of Clarksons Top Gear were and it took a couple of years to get it right. Give it time and I'm sure at least 3 of the people in that line up will gel together and create a good show, but at the minute it looks like the BBC are just hiring as many people as possible in the hope that they find the 3 they need.

and forgets about this guy...
Jason_dawe.jpg

veedubnoodle

RMS Regular
Drives
her crazy
I was still waiting.

Depends what kind of entertainment you like. Not everyone has the same sense of humour. I really enjoyed the banter Clarkson, Hammond and May had on Top Gear and the filming and production was top notch.

If I wanted to watch and actual car show solely about cars I watched Fifth Gear, even though Tiff annoys me sometimes lol

Pumesta

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus_ST_3
Funny how people keep saying the first series of Clarkson's Top Gear was poor, then saying they hope the new one will be a 'car show' I seam to recall that the first series was a car show, I clearly recall them doing buying guides etc, I recall the tedium of being told I could save £1500 on a new Passat buy buying the out going model without the chrome trim

Steve

RMS Regular
Drives
Bus
They shouldn't really have put Harris beside Evans in that pic, he looks like a Hobbit.

Reactions: dub

Dave..

RMS Regular
Depends what kind of entertainment you like. Not everyone has the same sense of humour. I really enjoyed the banter Clarkson, Hammond and May had on Top Gear and the filming and production was top notch.

If I wanted to watch and actual car show solely about cars I watched Fifth Gear, even though Tiff annoys me sometimes lol

It was the banter I enjoyed, roll on the Amazon version.

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
I cannot believe that Chris Evans is the tallest presenter.....photshop to sooth the ego?

I'll give it a go, hoping they keep the great quality photography.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.