Chris Harris and the McLaren P1

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
Is he still saying it's a whole new thing? :p

Cro

RMS Regular
Obviously no idea if its just the video or not but I was surprised how loud the electric motor was inside the cabin at the end

gary87

RMS Regular
Drives
E350
Why do the rear lights always look like they are flashing?

mr_s81

RMS Regular
Drives
FozSTI
I did wonder about that. Been a week since I saw that vid, but from memory I think there's a bit on it where the lights are on constantly, but this was when the car was stationary.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
I think it's to do with LEDs being constantly turned on/off very quickly & due to the camera's resolution they appear to be flashing/flickering.

ace275

RMS Regular
Drives
Legacy SpecB
Yep, the are turned on/off quickly to get the desired brightness I believe. For brighter they're on for longer durations etc.

mr_s81

RMS Regular
Drives
FozSTI
I thought it might have been something to do with the camera's fps (frames per second) rate, the same way a monitor screen looks like it's flickering when on TV, but I could be wrong!

acsmyth

RMS Regular
Drives
Supra
It's the shutter speed on the camera. It's not synced to the frequency of the LED's (or how fast they flicker in very simple terms)

If the shutter was synced, it would take the same time to expose one frame in the video as the LED takes to flicker.

Next time you are on a propellor plane to the mainland, point your iPhone at the propellors and you'll get a similar effect.

C4L

RMS Regular
I've always wanted to know about the light flicker lol

Saying that, full thread turned into chatting about light flickering on camera ggghhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy (me included :worried:)

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Ooooooosh

image.jpg

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.