Chris Harris - Porsche Panamera Diesel

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
I love the Panamera, but I don't agree that the Panny diesel is quick or powerful enough. I expect to see it available soon with the new two turbo VAG engine though, then it'll be proper quick.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
Like practically all of his videos, really well shot and informative. But the panamera is not going to win Amy beauty contents anytime soon.....

Cooper

Site Manager
OP
Cooper
Drives
C63 / Emira
Chris' reviews are fantastic but fair amount of Porsche bias creeping through in them!

But the panamera is not going to win Amy beauty contents anytime soon.....

Agreed, it is a lard arse indeed.

Artoir

RMS Regular
Drives
V8/V6
Chris' reviews are fantastic but fair amount of Porsche bias creeping through in them!

Agreed, it is a lard arse indeed.

Still haven't made my mind up yet, spotted this one in Weimar a few months ago and loved it

463088_10150580854531459_1180810218_o.jpg

tbdevpaul

RMS Regular
Drives
Hundeye
Makes perfect sense a diesel engine in one of those panamera. Cant believe there are many people around who can be surprised by how good top end diesel cars are performing now.

Nigelo

RMS Regular
It'll not be long before the new biturbo version of the Audi v6 diesel ends up in the panamera - I'd like to try that one when it appears.

Photos don't seem to do the car many favours, any I've seen up close have looked much better. That one above looks a little bit too grey with those wheels - think there'd be better choices. Probably would take 20"+ alloys to get anywhere near filling those arches!

Paul RS

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra Cosworth
I quite like his reviews, but god does he bleet on sometimes. I feel some of his reviews are more about having his bake on the net rather than actually featuring the car.

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
I'm not a fan of the Panamera in photos, but anytime I see one on the road it catches my eye - they really have presence. Passed a beautiful fully-specced and kitted white one the other day, really impressed me.

I'm not a fan of the Panamera in photos, but anytime I see one on the road it catches my eye - they really have presence. Passed a beautiful fully-specced and kitted white one the other day, really impressed me.

aka 'Clarkson Syndrome'

stevyg

RMS Regular
I quite like his reviews, but god does he bleet on sometimes. I feel some of his reviews are more about having his bake on the net rather than actually featuring the car.
Agreed.

Hes too smooth and rehearsed. I want to see him go a bit crazy- mess up some drifts and bin a few cars. It worked for Top Gear :p

Artoir

RMS Regular
Drives
V8/V6
I really like Chris Harris as a motor journalist. But maybe that's just because I want to see and hear about the car and what it'll do on the road, not how many caravans it'll drive through or what it looks like to drop an old Morris on top of it.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Anyone own one here or have experience with them? Petrol preferably

Is that on the hit list?

Never been a fan myself to be honest. But jolly nice to spend time in if you can get over the looks. It's a big car, think 7-series/A8.

Don't know what they are like to own. It's a Porsche though so don't expect anything to be cheap. But you already know from the Cayman.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Is that on the hit list?

Never been a fan myself to be honest. But jolly nice to spend time in if you can get over the looks. It's a big car, think 7-series/A8.

Don't know what they are like to own. It's a Porsche though so don't expect anything to be cheap. But you already know from the Cayman.

Might be an ambitious list but a F80 M3, B8 RS4 and 970 Panamera are all the same price - the M3 being the newest and more modern but something about a 4S/GTS Panamera is very appealing and something different.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Might be an ambitious list but a F80 M3, B8 RS4 and 970 Panamera are all the same price - the M3 being the newest and more modern but something about a 4S/GTS Panamera is very appealing and something different.

That's an interesting list, three totally different cars. One out and out driver's car; one the best real life allrounder you can buy, hands down, especially avant; and one luxo barge.

That's a good position to be in, you'll enjoy picking one of them :cool:

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Just the 3 cars that are interesting me and the RS4 is at the bottom of the list tbh.

Main concern being its the same interior as my old 2009 S4 and her current 2011 Q5. Anyone I’ve spoken to who has had them have said I’d be bored of it which then leads me on to the M3.

Practical, turbo’d, more modern and would be my first BMW.

The Panamera is the wild card. Something different from the norm and still practical for carrying stuff around and getting in and out the back for the wee man. Plus I’ve missed my Cayman dreadfully since I sold it.

I’ll probably end up in a diesel A6 avant lol

KeithRobinson

RMS Regular
Drives
911Turbo
I'd take a GTS Panamera over any of those. They are rapid, V8, sound amazing, and handles really well. We had a fast lap in a GTS at the Porsche experience centre at Silverstone and were absolutely blown away by how it handled.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.