Chrysler ABS ECU diagnostics

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Bryan

RMS Regular
Does anyone know somewhere local to Lurgan who could read the ABS ECU of my Chrysler PT Cruiser? The previous owner told me it was the driver's rear sensor at fault but they cost £75 for a new one so I want to make sure that's the problem before I order it.

Bryan

RMS Regular
OP
Bryan
Just came to update this thread and only noticed all the replies. Will give him a shout. I've replaced the sensor that the previous owner said was the problem and the ABS light is still on so I'm flummuxed now.

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
Drives
Skip
Just came to update this thread and only noticed all the replies. Will give him a shout. I've replaced the sensor that the previous owner said was the problem and the ABS light is still on so I'm flummuxed now.
Was the abs light on when you bought it? If it's like the mercs the abs esp light is a hard latch and will need turned off no matter what you do, it's why I had to buy merc diagnostic tool.

Bryan

RMS Regular
OP
Bryan
Yes, the previous owner said they had it scanned and it came up with a rear driver's side wheel sensor fault. I replaced that and it's still on. I've left the battery unplugged to see if it clears itself overnight. I did go to a local mechanics earlier but they weren't that helpful and just wanted to do all the work to get it MOTd which I don't need done - just need to know what I need to fix!

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
Drives
Skip
Yes, the previous owner said they had it scanned and it came up with a rear driver's side wheel sensor fault. I replaced that and it's still on. I've left the battery unplugged to see if it clears itself overnight. I did go to a local mechanics earlier but they weren't that helpful and just wanted to do all the work to get it MOTd which I don't need done - just need to know what I need to fix!
Battery off won't clear abs/esp light, will need the proper diagnostic stuff if it's like the merc. You could try taking positve and negative lead off and left them touching for half an hour. Might clear it know it works on some car

joegcoupe

RMS Regular
Drives
Jeep Patriot 2.0
Everything ok with the wiring?
The connectors on my Jeep Patriot are in the wheel well for the rear wheels. Maybe inspect the wiring at the drivers door too (damp, broken wires)

Bryan

RMS Regular
OP
Bryan
I had organised to take it to get plugged in to a local guy but on going down the road I noticed that the light had gone out. I guess it just needed driven for the ECU to calibrate the replacement sensor.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.