Citeron c2 vts clutch problem ?? Help

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

MarkGutd

Drives
Citeron c2
So I have a citrron c2 1.6 vts 2005 and I was driving it normally and then all of a sudden I started to feel vibrations through the clutch pedal.

It still went in gear it was just abit noisy as if there was like metal rubbing together it only made a slight squeal when in nuteral but as soon as I put the clutch in the pedal goes crazy and loud screeching noises come but once in gear the car drives 100% it is just changing gear.

So basically was driving home last night and came to lights and tried to drive but the car would not go into gear no matter what I engaged clutch and still same noise .

So then basically I had to turn car off and put it in gear to get home. Don't know if this any use -- when I put car in gear when off once I started it it goes by itself right away if the clutch is down or not

Any help is great I just hope I'm not looking at a clutch as iv heard they are dear to fit "(

NI_Volvo_Nut

RMS Regular
Drives
Volvo's!
Sounds like the release bearing has collapsed and has possibly damaged the clutch fork arm. Either way the gearbox needs to come out and you will at the very least need a clutch

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Sounds like the release bearing has collapsed and has possibly damaged the clutch fork arm. Either way the gearbox needs to come out and you will at the very least need a clutch

Yeah this - was exactly the same when the clutch in the MX5 let go. I think I managed to pull a couple of forks off the pressure plate too. Was a lovey mess :laughing:

MarkGutd

OP
M
Drives
Citeron c2
Thank you very much guys. I know a clutch is around £75 any idea of fitting cost or how many hours work this would be

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Thank you very much guys. I know a clutch is around £75 any idea of fitting cost or how many hours work this would be

Book time is 4.9 hours, but a good mechanic will shave an hour off that easily I would imagine.

Ask him to fit something decent, not a cheap version.

MarkGutd

OP
M
Drives
Citeron c2
Out of interest what’s the c2 vts’s like? Much fun in the driving?
Yea mate they are nice and nippy. They are pretty good on the petrol considering I was driving a 1.2 Clio before and low insurance all in all decwnnt wee car

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.