Citroen c3

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

zafturbo

RMS Regular
guys has anyone any info with reguards the fuel economy ,reliability ect of the 1.2 turbo petrol engine .its a 2017 car so still a warranty left for at least a year so that’s an advantage but still wouldn’t want to be running to the dealer every month for repairs.car will be doing roughly 12kba year any wondering if it’s a option against a 1.6d engined one .

JamieG95

RMS Photographer
Drives
F10 530d
I’m currently driving one of the 1.2 Puretech petrol engined C3’s and I’m averaging 44mpg. £20 does me a week, it’s great. My Golf was using £70 of super a week lol.

Reliability wise we see very little back in with issues, mainly just water ingress from a dodgey seal on rear lights - which are replaced under warranty.

The 1.6 BHDi engine isn’t a bad unit either, DPF can clog, but that’s no different to any other modern diesel that never gets driven very far regularly. You’ll obviously get more MPG out of the BHDi engine depending on how you’re driving but to be honest I like the little petrol one.

Ps, if you’re looking for one I have 79 in stock :monkey::monkey:

VEN©M

RMS Regular
Drives
2011 Camaro SS
I’m currently driving one of the 1.2 Puretech petrol engined C3’s and I’m averaging 44mpg. £20 does me a week, it’s great. My Golf was using £70 of super a week lol.

Reliability wise we see very little back in with issues, mainly just water ingress from a dodgey seal on rear lights - which are replaced under warranty.

The 1.6 BHDi engine isn’t a bad unit either, DPF can clog, but that’s no different to any other modern diesel that never gets driven very far regularly. You’ll obviously get more MPG out of the BHDi engine depending on how you’re driving but to be honest I like the little petrol one.

Ps, if you’re looking for one I have 79 in stock :monkey::monkey:

do you work at Hallidays? i saw that they had a bunch of C3s i want something cheap and cheerful but it can't be horrendous to drive. i suppose i should call in and have a look!

zafturbo

RMS Regular
OP
zafturbo
@JamieG95 i spoke to your other Jamie on Facebook other day and a sales man yesterday ,can’t rem his name .is the 89hp one or whatever it is a 1,2 turbo same as the 110 or is it non turbo .guy yesterday didn’t know..if it’s turbo then I take it it’s juat mapped differently .

Gavlar

RMS Regular
What about a Yaris? Toyota reliability (5yr warranty too so most fresh examples will still have loads left) and good mpg

Edit: was thinking of the smaller DS3 until I googled a C3! Lol

JamieG95

RMS Photographer
Drives
F10 530d
do you work at Hallidays? i saw that they had a bunch of C3s i want something cheap and cheerful but it can't be horrendous to drive. i suppose i should call in and have a look!

I do, down in Bushmills. :cool: We bought a big batch of them so are able to do them at that deal, I'm driving one myself at the moment - It's not horrendous at all, don't expect them to break any land speed records but they're comfortable, I'm getting 44MPG and has all the toys - Apple CarPlay etc and decent speakers! Feel free to call in and have a look, We're open to 5pm on Saturdays too!

@JamieG95 i spoke to your other Jamie on Facebook other day and a sales man yesterday ,can’t rem his name .is the 89hp one or whatever it is a 1,2 turbo same as the 110 or is it non turbo .guy yesterday didn’t know..if it’s turbo then I take it it’s juat mapped differently .

The 1.2L 82bhp is non turbo, the 1.2L Puretech 110 is the same unit with a Turbo on it. - Just double checked with the mechanics :laughing:

lackingBHP

RMS Regular
Drives
mediocrely
Yeah noticed last week they had pages and pages of c3 1.2 feel models. They do look like a cool car, nicer than Corsa/Clio

zafturbo

RMS Regular
OP
zafturbo
5530E34E-6EC0-4F5E-A453-56D0BA2465F7.png
They defo don't come from there! Lol
Don’t bet on it .they have over 100 for sale.
Well actually there all from Citroen uk really but sure close enough lol

zafturbo

RMS Regular
OP
zafturbo
Jokes aside as obviously I know they didn’t buy then from there .so how come Citroen are selling hundred and hundreds of these 2017 cars with all around same miles as auctions across the uk are selling these atm.have all these cars been ex lease or something .i have no idea how the car sales trade works .they can’t all be private trade ins can they.direct Citroen lease or something like that .??

JamieG95

RMS Photographer
Drives
F10 530d
Jokes aside as obviously I know they didn’t buy then from there .so how come Citroen are selling hundred and hundreds of these 2017 cars with all around same miles as auctions across the uk are selling these atm.have all these cars been ex lease or something .i have no idea how the car sales trade works .they can’t all be private trade ins can they.direct Citroen lease or something like that .??

We bought them direct from Citroen, they’re all ex contract hire / lease cars and have come to their hand back date and then enter the used car market. The same way that most of your 1/2/3 year old cars enter the market at the end of finance and contract hire deals :cool:

zafturbo

RMS Regular
OP
zafturbo
We bought them direct from Citroen, they’re all ex contract hire / lease cars and have come to their hand back date and then enter the used car market. The same way that most of your 1/2/3 year old cars enter the market at the end of finance and contract hire deals :cool:
I was just qurious as to how come there was literally hundreds about all the same age.were is all the diesel ones in that case Jamie seeing all the ones available are petrol .

JamieG95

RMS Photographer
Drives
F10 530d
I was just qurious as to how come there was literally hundreds about all the same age.were is all the diesel ones in that case Jamie seeing all the ones available are petrol .

There’s been very little diesel’s sold of our range recently, they’re much more expensive as manufacturers/government have all been pushing petrol. As the all the good deals were on the petrol models that’s what is going to re enter the market again.

Don’t get me wrong, we do still get the diesels but they just aren’t as popular. Most of our customers would be younger drivers too, the diesels are more expensive to insure and that again leaves them in stock longer.

zafturbo

RMS Regular
OP
zafturbo
There’s been very little diesel’s sold of our range recently, they’re much more expensive as manufacturers/government have all been pushing petrol. As the all the good deals were on the petrol models that’s what is going to re enter the market again.

Don’t get me wrong, we do still get the diesels but they just aren’t as popular. Most of our customers would be younger drivers too, the diesels are more expensive to insure and that again leaves them in stock longer.
Makes perfect sense I suppose .neber thought of it like that .i thought diesel would of outsold petrol by quite a bit .

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.