Antoin

RMS Regular
Drives
E60 535d
2012 Citroen C4 1.6hdi

No brakes at all.
Pedal to the floor.
No brake fluid leaks.

Have bled all 4 corners and I am getting some air and then brake fluid out of each corner.
Servo has been replaced also.

If I am getting fluid pushed out of the calipers when bleeding surely that suggests the master cylinder isn't the culprit?

Wtf else is there!?

An airlock in the abs unit? Is that even possibility and would it lead to the symptoms I am describing?

Thanks,
Anton

Antoin

RMS Regular
OP
Antoin
Drives
E60 535d
Cheers @Blackie but surely I would still have brakes, albeit not servo assisted?
I should have a pedal with the car off as well ?

Alexmck

RMS Regular
Drives
Golf
Have you tried pressure bleeder, i remember having problem bleeding brakes on a c4 that age, think i needed pressure bleeder and someone inside pumping

Blackie

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 520d SE
Cheers @Blackie but surely I would still have brakes, albeit not servo assisted?
I should have a pedal with the car off as well ?
Yea that’s a fair point. As Alex above has said, pressure bleeding and someone pumping the pedal might well help.

As for the airlock in the ABS pump, the above could help with that, however did the fluid get that low?

When you say you’re getting fluid from the callipers, is it under pressure or simply just leaking/oozing out?

Antoin

RMS Regular
OP
Antoin
Drives
E60 535d
Have you tried pressure bleeder, i remember having problem bleeding brakes on a c4 that age, think i needed pressure bleeder and someone inside pumping

Just the standard one man pumping brakes and the other at the caliper. Don't have a pressure bleeder but might have to invest in one.

Antoin

RMS Regular
OP
Antoin
Drives
E60 535d
Yea that’s a fair point. As Alex above has said, pressure bleeding and someone pumping the pedal might well help.

As for the airlock in the ABS pump, the above could help with that, however did the fluid get that low?

When you say you’re getting fluid from the callipers, is it under pressure or simply just leaking/oozing out?

We reckon that there was a small pin hole in one of the brake pipes while I was dailying it. Then it got parked up at my dad's as I had a new car. Went to start it one day and the pedal went to the floor. Couldn't understand where the fluid had went. No telltale puddles. So I reckon it had been spraying a fine mist for a long time prior to that.

Then while we were bleeding the brakes this week the pipe let go completely. New pipe hasn't cured it.

Will try the pressure bleeder as Alex says. Maybe just a bitch to bleed

Blackie

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 520d SE
We reckon that there was a small pin hole in one of the brake pipes while I was dailying it. Then it got parked up at my dad's as I had a new car. Went to start it one day and the pedal went to the floor. Couldn't understand where the fluid had went. No telltale puddles. So I reckon it had been spraying a fine mist for a long time prior to that.

Then while we were bleeding the brakes this week the pipe let go completely. New pipe hasn't cured it.

Will try the pressure bleeder as Alex says. Maybe just a bitch to bleed
From my experience of French scrap cars of that era, they are indeed a bitch to bleed! I’ve had issues with a 308 drying to get a good pedal back on it and I didn’t let the fluid drain out.

The only thing I didn’t try was someone pumping the pedal whilst I was using the pressure bleeder.

Alexmck

RMS Regular
Drives
Golf
Your coleraine? I have a manual pump one and a air one you can borrow it

Antoin

RMS Regular
OP
Antoin
Drives
E60 535d
Your coleraine? I have a manual pump one and a air one you can borrow it

Portstewart, might take you up on that offer. Cheers 👍

Get yourself one of these. Great wee tool.

What sort of money is it in your place @Woodcutter ?