Citroen lexia

Mark_fr550

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon fr550
Have a mate of mine with a 2009 Citroen berlingo. It’s had an issue from Saturday where when you try to start it the lights and wipers turn themselves on and the van never comes to life. You can hear the starter etc trying to crank. Key fob does not work for locking unlocking now either.
Has anyone any experience with citroen lexia software- need to know if it can run tests on the likes of the com2000 (steering wheel pcb) the ignition transponder or the bsi unit.
Thanks

Mark_fr550

RMS Regular
OP
Mark_fr550
Drives
Leon fr550
yea tried jump leads. Tested battery out of the van. Tried bsi reset procedure etc. Got a vehicle locksmith out who confirmed key is sending a signal etc

NI_Volvo_Nut

RMS Regular
Drives
Volvo's!
The locking system and Immob system are 2 different systems so it should still start even if the remote isn't working. You say you hear the starter trying to turn - is it just clicking?

I had a PIcasso once of similar age wouldn't engage the starter, turned out there was a 5 amp fuse which controlled the starter circuit (yeah I know!) which had corroded and eventually blown. In this case however nothing happened when the key was turned, I was all for condemning the starter but something was nagging me and I checked for voltage with key turned on the trigger with of the starter and it was dead.

Mark_fr550

RMS Regular
OP
Mark_fr550
Drives
Leon fr550
Citroen’s are class lol Starter engages ok. All fuses good. It’s like the immobiliser stops it from starting the engine. Complete head scratcher lol. It all came from my mate cleaning the interior so we thought he’s got water somewhere he shouldn’t but hard to test any boards etc.

martybelfastsri

RMS Regular
Drives
all sorts
i read somwhere about water getting in around the scuttle somewhere when drains blocked ect causing similar as mine just started randomly using wipers and headlights when parked? done a bit of research checked mine seemed fine only happend 2 times at start of ownership check drains regulary all been fine ,mind you mine always started ect

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
We've had that issue on a couple of Berlingos, even when parked up and locked the lights were on and wipers going etc.