Classic Bodywork Recommendations

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Glad you came to an agreement on it, the work looks top notch and I’ve heard the stuff they put out is excellent, also that their labour rate is £100 per hour (which might explain the bill) whether that’s true or not I’m not sure but a few people have mentioned the figure of £100 per hour.

Neil_M

RMS Regular
Yeah I’m heading to it, but I’m gonna take the 02. You going? Have you booked a spot ok?
I think there’s a small possibility that John Surtees old 507 might be there. I would love to see it. 🤞🤞

Good man, would love a good look round the 02.

I may get the GoPro sorted and get some video organised.

Yep I've booked in and all. Must get the wagon all cleaned up for it.

The 507 would be amazing to see in person! Stunning car.

Chris tii

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 2002tii
Good man, would love a good look round the 02.

I may get the GoPro sorted and get some video organised.

Yep I've booked in and all. Must get the wagon all cleaned up for it.

The 507 would be amazing to see in person! Stunning car.

Cool see you there. I just asked the parts manager about the 507. Looking like it’s not coming because they didn’t want to put that much miles on it. (The owner lives in Limerick).
:pensive:

Gambit

RMS Regular
Last edited:

Chris tii

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 2002tii
surely its been round the clock by now considering Surtees drove it back n forth across Europe during his racing days!

edit: 40k mile only - which i think staggering given its age & history John Surtees' Stunning BMW 507 Could Be Yours... For £2 Million

Though at that money id be scared to drive it anywhere near anything else that has wheels on it

It sold for £4 million!! Don’t know why the guy doesn’t get it on a trailer and have his butler drive it. :joy:
If fairness I think the owner does get it out regularly and even pulls up in it at C&C mornings in Limerick! BMW told me he’s taking it to a show on Sunday instead, guessing Terenure Car Show. The NI-BMW boys are heading down to Terenure but I can’t this year. Dam you wedding anniversary!