Classic Impreza Turbo

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
I remember being behind you one day years ago on the knock more carriageway and we had a we run up the hill...fit car:cool:
I think I met you again another time on the new road up around thaxton and I was in the type r 2 door....great days, wish I still had that car:worried:

Reactions: Mel

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
@Gambit your right there man, the type r was the best car I've owned....would be worth a few quid these days

Gawley20

RMS Regular
OP
Gawley20
Drives
Impreza
I remember being behind you one day years ago on the knock more carriageway and we had a we run up the hill...fit car:cool:
I think I met you again another time on the new road up around thaxton and I was in the type r 2 door....great days, wish I still had that car:worried:

Aye I remember the new road occasion Burt2000, from memory there wasn't much between the two of them. That was a lovely Type R you had.

Gawley20

RMS Regular
OP
Gawley20
Drives
Impreza
@Gambit, yeah I'm glad I held onto it. I have had loads of offers to buy it while it's been in storage but just couldn't sell it, it was my dream car when I was younger and couldn't believe my luck when I was able to buy and insure it. It's been in storage for nearly 5 years which seems to have prevented the normal rot on this shape, it will need a few bits tidied on the body but the underside seems to have a clean bill of health.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
my turbo 2000 was around 260-270bhp, exhaust and remap, but the type r was a good bit sharper as standard, it would pull away from e46 m3's without much trouble.....is you car standard apart from just an exhaust? It goes well from what I remember

Gawley20

RMS Regular
OP
Gawley20
Drives
Impreza
Found a pic of it with the old wheels on it just before I put it into storage.

Attachments

• DSC00107.jpg
    DSC00107.jpg
    176 KB · Views: 127

Gawley20

RMS Regular
OP
Gawley20
Drives
Impreza
@Burt2000 yeah it would have just had the cat back and a panel filter then. Your type R just sat on my tail from memory although maybe your weren't trying :grinning:. Is it still about that Type R.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Yeah the type r wouldn't have been any slower than my recent turbo 2000 that had a genuine 330bhp or so
Turbo 2000 Classic Impreza - after a detail

I sold they type r must have been about 6 or 7 years ago to a fella called Warren out near Carrick, as far as I know he still has it. I asked to buy it back a couple of years ago but he wouldn't part with it

Turks

RMS Regular
Drives
Passat/Impreza
Looks well really like these. I've one myself sitting taxed and insured and hasn't moved in about 5 weeks lol.

Gawley20

RMS Regular
OP
Gawley20
Drives
Impreza
@Burt2000 was just reading through your Impreza thread there, that was a beauty you had there, such a shame you had to sell but kids come first no matter what. It was very clean, much cleaner than mine. Could you be tempted back to one again:grinning:

Gawley20

RMS Regular
OP
Gawley20
Drives
Impreza
Looks well really like these. I've one myself sitting taxed and insured and hasn't moved in about 5 weeks lol.

Thanks Turk's. Taxed and insured and your not driving it? Get it out for a run :cool:

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
@Burt2000 was just reading through your Impreza thread there, that was a beauty you had there, such a shame you had to sell but kids come first no matter what. It was very clean, much cleaner than mine. Could you be tempted back to one again:grinning:

Yeah definitly I'll always love a clean classic Impreza.

BrookST

RMS Regular
Drives
Monaro VXR
That's a blast from the past, seen this in Lurgan park quite a few years ago, worth keeping surely, class

Gawley20

RMS Regular
OP
Gawley20
Drives
Impreza
That's a blast from the past, seen this in Lurgan park quite a few years ago, worth keeping surely, class

Yeah that's right, think I was there with my mate Eddie and his UK300, he still has it too.

Sonny

RMS Photographer
Cheers for the invite Sonny, have you anymore details, where yous are meeting up and times.

Meeting at Junction One and leaving around 10:30 I think.. Check out NI Subaru Run on Facebook if you have it

Gawley20

RMS Regular
OP
Gawley20
Drives
Impreza
@Andy044 tour car looks great there, crackin picture too. I'm sure it's just as clean as mine, my rear arches are just starting to show a bit of bubbling under the paint so will need to get that sorted.