Classic Insurance

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

casper-ac

RMS Regular
Wat way does this work? DO you have to be a certain age.
thought the car had to be your second car but apparently not if your a member of a club.
some info please? does it take the engine size in to account or does it make much diffenernce. I also know you have to do limited mileage

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
It entirely depends on the insurance company, more than likely over 25s with over 10-15 yr old car for starters. The policy probably wouldn't cover you for commuting either.

Start phoning round the companies and let us know how you get on, I would be interested to know myself what companies were offering what.

Andy

casper-ac

RMS Regular
OP
casper-ac
i will start emailing a few companies but if any1 can recommend and general classic car sites maybe a forum on there wud be able to help. it would be easy enuf to get a car site specific to a type of car but i aint got a car yet so!!!jus takin my time and gettin the best deal+best condition!

Emmy

aon will defo be over 25 and it will depend on the car as well and u have to be insured on another vehical to qualify for insuring a classic afaik

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
has anyone come across a company that will do classic insurance for over 21's?

Bryan

RMS Regular
Footman James does classic insurance for any age - but the car HAS to be garaged when not in use and you have to be a member of a car club.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
:eek: does engine size etc matter? im not talking Ferrari 250GTO, but not a mini either.

garaged + club could be arranged...

Bryan

RMS Regular
Yes, engine size matters also.

I fancied a 1973 Mercedes 280CE coupe (2.8L) I spotted on ebay that went for £450... Wouldn't insure me on it :-(

casper-ac

RMS Regular
OP
casper-ac
Bryan said:
Footman James does classic insurance for any age - but the car HAS to be garaged when not in use and you have to be a member of a car club.
oh! mite look them up i heard that u didnt have to have a second car if u were a member of a club but then id say it depends a lot on the company!

Bryan

RMS Regular
I think, but I'm not 100% certain on that one - that the classic car has to be your second car for Footman James as well. Could be wrong there...

Oh look, 999 posts :-D

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.