Classic insurance

cliosportv6

RMS Regular
Hi folks I've a 20 year old lexus gs300 which I'm looking to use at the weekends so very light use.. What's the ins and outs of a classic policy thanks in advance

collyirwin11

RMS Regular
Drives
RS/Mk2 GTi
Hi folks I've a 20 year old lexus gs300 which I'm looking to use at the weekends so very light use.. What's the ins and outs of a classic policy thanks in advance

When insuring the mk2 it was put on a classic policy, they asked me about use etc, and it was a limited mileage policy, and was mid £100 so incredibly well priced. The other half uses autoline out of Coleraine, (they have branches all over but advised to use Coleraine for classic), who have been good with her for the mg midget. Same again on mileage and use, think its 1500miles a year, and social, domestic and pleasure, no commuting or business miles.

cliosportv6

RMS Regular
OP
cliosportv6
Cheers Colin must give them a shout would maybe go for more miles than that as would use up 1500miles very quick as I'd probably take it a few runs down the motorway etc but good to know that local companies look after this.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Autoline are great.

You need to have a main car and the mileage is limited on the classic.

cliosportv6

RMS Regular
OP
cliosportv6
Autoline are great.

You need to have a main car and the mileage is limited on the classic.

Yea I've my main policy with axa coog 10years plus no claims that's good I'll give them a shout on Monday

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Autoline for me too on the GSI, around £130 for the year, the Impreza should be eligible for classic from next year as well as it will be over 20.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
They covered my A4 which is 18 @Burt2000 I've it and the Jag covered for less than couple hundred quid. Great job.

egvti

RMS Regular
Drives
eg vti civic
Will auto line insure classic cars modified? My corsa/nova is almost ready and have a 1.6 with cam and twin 40s in place of its 1.3 now

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
Will auto line insure classic cars modified? My corsa/nova is almost ready and have a 1.6 with cam and twin 40s in place of its 1.3 now

They gave me a classic policy on my r34 skyline but when I started modifying it a year later I moved to flux for a classic/limited mileage policy.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Autoline asked a ton of questions about colour change on alloys on my daily. Who did them, how much it cost, why they were done, etc. Not sure I would have wanted to discuss a proper modification with them but worth asking anyway lol.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
When insuring the mk2 it was put on a classic policy, they asked me about use etc, and it was a limited mileage policy, and was mid £100 so incredibly well priced. The other half uses autoline out of Coleraine, (they have branches all over but advised to use Coleraine for classic), who have been good with her for the mg midget. Same again on mileage and use, think its 1500miles a year, and social, domestic and pleasure, no commuting or business miles.

Who’s your RS policy with @collyirwin11 ? Didn’t realise an 09 would qualify for classic.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Me either that’s really good. I just got the impreza on with autoline this week as it’s now 20 (y)

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Who’s your RS policy with @collyirwin11 ? Didn’t realise an 09 would qualify for classic.

Possible for speciality cars. Didn't think anything 10/11 years old would qualify though! Flux do a limited mileage policy but it's still dear enough.
Me either that’s really good. I just got the impreza on with autoline this week as it’s now 20 (y)

Lol A4 on it and it was 17. Ive since learned that once you've one on classic it's easier to add others. We're adding modern classic cars now at £0- £50 odd a pop, which is tremendous.

collyirwin11

RMS Regular
Drives
RS/Mk2 GTi
Apologies folks, I was referring to the mk2 Golf. The Focus is on a limited mileage policy through Adrian Flux.

Marty Lad

RMS Regular
Drives
E46 M3
Anyone got a 4x4 on classic insurance? Quite like the idea of an older hilux or similar

kpnuts

RMS Member
Drives
205 GTi 16v
When insuring the 205, I found most underwriters won't touch it due to the engine swap - Greenlight, then Adrian Flux are the only ones that will cover it.

Adds at least £200 every year over a classic policy just because of the engine - I would think about going back to a 1.9 8v and modifying instead just because of this.

Charlieboyoo

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3 bmw M240i
My m3 is with footman James.Very good policy,car has agreed value,parts in garage up to £500 covered.was offered for an extra few £ to get the car back if it wrote off.