Classic Motor Show at NEC

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
See the blog feature on this - If you ever wanted to see a Cossie sell at over £100k at auction, buy a tail light for a Hillman Imp, salivate over the new Griffith and the return of TVR, or see Ant Anstead and Mike Brewer talk through a restoration on stage, well the Classic Car Show in Birmingham's National Exhibition Centre (NEC) is for you.
Read the Full Article Here

Read the Entire Article Here

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Pages 2 and 3 don't appear to be working for me.

Absolutely fantastic show, I was there years ago and would love to go back. Such a mix of everything.

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
Good report. We were at it over the weekend there (hence Cooper's report), fantastic show - really great variety of cars, and such a huge amount of them too.

After careful consideration, cars of the show for me were the 240z's - they really are the Datsun version of a modernised and reimagined Singer 911. Fantastic attention to detail.

Last edited:

Carson

RMS Regular
Drives
R53 JCW/A4 B8.5
That looks a great show. Could you do it in 1 day or would you really need the weekend?
Love the Supra !

Gaz

Drives
M4 Comp Pack
Can just about be covered in a day but you wouldn't have much free time for eating or watching the live show etc. Best to take 2 days to enjoy it.

cormac81

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI, VRS, Superb
Have to get over to this sometime, there was some lovely stuff at it going by those photos and what I have saw on FB.

Gaz

Drives
M4 Comp Pack
Well worth the trip and one of the handiest shows to get to in terms of travel - fly in and you don't even need to set foot outside the airport area really, if you stay overnight then train straight from show to New St leaves you at door of many hotels there.

cormac81

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI, VRS, Superb
Well worth the trip and one of the handiest shows to get to in terms of travel - fly in and you don't even need to set foot outside the airport area really, if you stay overnight then train straight from show to New St leaves you at door of many hotels there.

Yeah was at the autosport show not too long ago, super handy. Couldn't believe how big the NEC was.

Gaz

Drives
M4 Comp Pack
Yeah was at the autosport show not too long ago, super handy. Couldn't believe how big the NEC was.

Some size alright. We were walking most of Fri and Sat round it, sore legs today!

pablo

RMS Moderator
Not hugely into classic cars but this was truly amazing. Some really rare stuff and of course come modern classics

Just loved the 2 240Zs - attention to detail was superb but with original character.

Gaz

Drives
M4 Comp Pack
Not hugely into classic cars but this was truly amazing. Some really rare stuff and of course come modern classics

Just loved the 2 240Zs - attention to detail was superb but with original character.
:p

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Great show, great pics and write up @Cooper .

Brilliant weekend, I'll definitely be making this an annual trip, dead handy in & out.

56oval

RMS Regular
If you can find an Avantime they could be bought for buttons. Doubt thatll be the case after that article though.

56oval

RMS Regular
I will stand by my words that the Avantime is a POS.

I bet the editor of the article has one and is looking to err fluff the pilows of the market :joy:. How anyone can see that as a "classic" car is beyond me. Ah well i'm off to find a Vel Satis.

BarryPort

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra Cosworth
Thanks to @Cooper 's excellent coverage of this on RMS every year JerryCo Exhaust Mugs will be exhibiting at this year's show 9-11th November. Stand number to follow (b)

16.jpg

NEC Classic Motorshow

56oval

RMS Regular
Do the Vel Satis owners club have a stand this year? Just reserving a hotel room.