cleaning & dressing rubber mats

Walder

RMS Regular
What products do you guys use for cleaning and dressing rubber mats?

Someone on here mentioned using anachem cleanse which is a wheel cleaner on them.

And I have to agree when you spray it on the tyre you can see it pulling the muck out of the tyre it's impressive.

I've yet to use it but the next time I'll be doing it then just power wash off leave to dry whilst I'm doing the rest of the car and finally a go over with anachem trim.

bikeit

RMS Regular
OP
bikeit
Just received Anachem Cleanse so will give it a go, does the Trim leave the mats sticky or slippy?

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Just received Anachem Cleanse so will give it a go, does the Trim leave the mats sticky or slippy?
Cleanse for rubber mats, it's unreal. All that ingrained stuff that's always left no matter what you use or how hard you scrub? All gone. I just spray it on, let it sit a few minutes, scrub with a dish brush and rinse. Don't know if the scrubbing is really necessary but it doesn't hurt, lol.

Cleanse is very caustic, use gloves.

Cleans up any bits of carpet on the mats as well.

Trim can be used as dressing. It won't get sticky but it can leave them slippy if you overdo it. Spray a little on a cloth and then use that to just wipe them over.

But in all honesty after using Cleanse they're so clean you won't need any dressing.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
thanks all

yep - use Cleanse. It'll blow you away with what it does!!!

I don't really dress them afterwards, but you could use some trim. A very small amount sprayed onto a cloth and buffed over lightly will work fine

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Normally use an interior cleaner, and these attachments for the drill:
81HTP5AVlvL.jpg

Then just powerhose off and leave to dry.

If I'm feeling really fancy, some silicone free dressing which gives them a bit of a shine when they've dried.

Cookies

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW
If you are intent on dressing the mats, apply a well diluted dressing, allow to dry, and wipe over with IPA. Theyll still feel slightly greasy/slippery though, even after the IPA wipe.

To clean them, I've always been very impressed with Adams Rubber Mat and Liner Cleaner.

Cheers

Cooks