Clio 172 Arches

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Marc.W

RMS Regular
Drives
Lupo GTI
Just bought a 172 bumper there and have been told i need the arches to match would anyone have a set of these going handy? 98>01

Preferably In Silver but not essential

Thanks In Advance(y)

paddymcc

RMS Regular
Drives
C63
The actual 172 arches are part of the wing itself so you will need to fit 172 front wings

Ruth

RMS Regular
joe_silver had a set of these for sale a while ago (i think) ill double check with him, it may have been just hte bumper

ewok

RMS Regular
they will be hard to get in the scrappies they were 90 quid each when i bought them 4 years ago from renault

Marc.W

RMS Regular
OP
Marc.W
Drives
Lupo GTI
R6TH M said:
joe_silver had a set of these for sale a while ago (i think) ill double check with him, it may have been just hte bumper

thats who im getting the bumper off :party:

ewok said:
they will be hard to get in the scrappies they were 90 quid each when i bought them 4 years ago from renault

Thats not too bad doubt they wll have dropped in price

mi16chris

RMS Regular
Drives
210hp clio 182
Marc_CRX said:
thats who im getting the bumper off :party:

Thats not too bad doubt they wll have dropped in price
told ya he had that bumper ! there not that dear new m8 let me know if u want a price as i get 30% off (y)

Ruth

RMS Regular
yea sorry marc i got confused, it was just the bumper he was sellin oops. Didnt boydie get some 172 arches not that long ago?

Marc.W

RMS Regular
OP
Marc.W
Drives
Lupo GTI
mi16chris said:
told ya he had that bumper ! there not that dear new m8 let me know if u want a price as i get 30% off (y)

yes mate its looking like im going to have to get them from renault(y)

PhilG

RMS Regular
You'll probly need splash guards too, and skirts to line up with the bottom of the wing, as the wing has a different shape around there.

Marc.W

RMS Regular
OP
Marc.W
Drives
Lupo GTI
that i do

CIMG1015.jpg

Marc.W

RMS Regular
OP
Marc.W
Drives
Lupo GTI
get me a price for wings and skirts then chris lol looks like i wont be getting my new rims just yet

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
renault will only charge about £50 per arch

but make sure you get the right shape of arch for your car - you want he rounded head light ones

i got mine off a guy who bought the wrong ones - lucky for me lol

i have some splash guards for a 172 - they dont fit my car because of the coilovers and 18s

Marc.W

RMS Regular
OP
Marc.W
Drives
Lupo GTI
DCi Tigger said:
Ahh thats my line lol :p

We hope you get the 2.0 engine too :party:

so do i :party: there was one going on ebay not that long ago(172)....i wish i had the money for it

Tigger 172

RMS Regular
Drives
RS Clio 172
Surely it would cost a leg to insure, especialy over here :worried:

Just saying about you getting the body conversion done you could I get a bit of slating for having the 1.2 underneath. I get the odd bit with the ClioSport stickers on the dci which are purposely representing the site :cool:

If you are gettin the 172 monster I'd love to see the finished article (y)

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
if your worried about getting slated about it being a 1.2 just make it a bit different

eg change the side skirts, put on a cup splitter, facelift rear lights, different spoiler or debadged etc...

ill take £30 for the guards, paid a bit more for them but they are taking up needed room lol

Marc.W

RMS Regular
OP
Marc.W
Drives
Lupo GTI
Boydie said:
if your worried about getting slated about it being a 1.2 just make it a bit different

eg change the side skirts, put on a cup splitter, facelift rear lights, different spoiler or debadged etc...

ill take £30 for the guards, paid a bit more for them but they are taking up needed room lol

got the facelift rear lights

im not just getting a 172 front end ive got a 182 throphy bumper coming into street racer on monday and getting the trophy exhaust fitted aswel as the 182 rear spoiler not bothered about people 'slating' me because its a 1.2 atleast my 1.2 will be nicer than theirs :grinning:

Tigger 172

RMS Regular
Drives
RS Clio 172
I even asked someone once about replacing the dci engine with a 172 :party: but that would cost a leg to do

I like your way of thinking
Your car so its what you like (y)

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
marc - you mean just the RS rear bumper?

the rear bumper stayed the same throughout the 2002+ 172-172cup-182-182cup and trophy

if you are ordering the 182 exhaust make sure it will fit because of the tyre well, k-tec do a look a like 182 style exhaust for non RS models

Marc.W

RMS Regular
OP
Marc.W
Drives
Lupo GTI
Boydie said:
marc - you mean just the RS rear bumper?

the rear bumper stayed the same throughout the 2002+ 172-172cup-182-182cup and trophy

if you are ordering the 182 exhaust make sure it will fit because of the tyre well, k-tec do a look a like 182 style exhaust for non RS models

yeah was looking at that K-Tec one £300 odd and the pipes are too big for my liking

getting a 182 exhaust for £50 and getting the tyre well cut to fit for £150 £100 less than powerflow

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.