CLIO 182 GEARBOX WANTED ASAP!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

EP82JM

RMS Regular
Need a box for a 182 clio.

Must be able to guarantee its a good box until it is fitted.

No ***** which crunches gear etc.

Anyone have or know of anyone who would have one?

Thanks

MarkM

RMS Regular
Cliosport is back up tomorrow, your best bet. I bought a cup box last week for £100 and paisley freight delivered for £62

EP82JM

RMS Regular
OP
EP82JM
Yea waiting on it going back up to see what's for sale on it.

Is there a difference in a cup,standard 182 and a 172 box?

MarkM

RMS Regular
Yea waiting on it going back up to see what's for sale on it.

Is there a difference in a cup,standard 182 and a 172 box?

Phase one and 172cup boxes won't do yours, speedo drive is different, rest are the same afaik

pablo

RMS Moderator
i put a box from a scenic on m 182. needed some minor fettling but bolted right on and was brilliant. super smooth.

EP82JM

RMS Regular
OP
EP82JM
i put a box from a scenic on m 182. needed some minor fettling but bolted right on and was brilliant. super smooth.

Yea someone posted about you doing that on the Renault sport Facebook page earlier,I'd like to stick with whatever is in mine at the minute,nice ratios etc,but who's to say it's even running a 182 box now. What was it like to drive on the road? Ratio wise...

pablo

RMS Moderator
It was great. Was super happy with the result and it only cost £150 back when a dogged 172/182 box was 300-400 quid.

EP82JM

RMS Regular
OP
EP82JM
Bump

Will consider a box which has gave up inside but the casing is still good?

EP82JM

RMS Regular
OP
EP82JM
All the jc5's might have the same casing if you're going to swap the internals over?

And what all runs a jc5? Not too up on the details of these yet really but that could make a massive difference depending what all runs a jc5...

Mines stamped jc 5130-2

Marc

RMS Moderator
Don't think some of the cup boxes fit depending on mechanical or electronic speedo drives

Cro

RMS Regular
Ph1 is jc5 128, I assume any of the clios in that shape run the same basic box, even the box pulled from the scenic ran the same box. I dare say a trip to traynors or the likes would get you one cheap enough and be able to check the stamp

EP82JM

RMS Regular
OP
EP82JM
**** this is a nightmare lol. Must ring around them all and see this weekend,Am I right that any ph2 box,be it 172 or 182 will work aslong as it isn't a cup due to the cup running a cable? Is that right?

Even if I can find a blown one locally just to switch the case over that be good! Bound to be one of the breakers with a jc5 I can steal for the case.

pablo

RMS Moderator
I just walked around traynors warehouse until I found one similar. there were some small differences but easily worked around. and the box will have had an easy life, unlike pretty much all RS boxes.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.