Clio DCi alternator

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
this morning my car wouldnt start but i had to go out so took my bro's car

in the mean time mum foned the AA to come out and check the car - the guy that sorted it just said it was a flat battery, which is what i thot cos my brother helpfully informed me that he noticed a light was on in the car wen he trundled in at 2am but didnt bother to turn it off! ****er!

anyways the guy,who was into his ICE, suggested that i shud up grade my alternator.

so wot shud i up grade it to? one outa of a 1.9dci/2.2dci perhaps??

or do i have to get a separate one which is specific for sound systems?

how much mulla we talkin??

thanks!

Boydie

RMS Regular
OP
Boydie
Drives
S3 Revo
it is usually fine tho on handling the power its just that a light was left on over nite which knackerd the battery

buff

RMS Regular
Drives
Jimny
std replacments range form £50 upwards afaik.

car audio ones a bit over built lol start off abt about 150amp and £200

but unless youve got serious amounts of current draw or are planning on doing SPL i wouldnt bother with an ice specific one, std ones on small cars normally go up to about 90amp

coffey

RMS Regular
Drives
honda civic
did renault make a 1.9 or a 2.2 dci clio???

or u talkin bout other renaults?

Dermot

Your Batterys Probley Perfect ... Just been run flat once... Recharge it and dont go leaving your lights on again ..

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.