Clio Trophy No.302

ilovequo

RMS Regular
Been after one of these for ages! Was very close to buying a local one about 5 years ago but my dad talked me out of it and into a 325ci (probably a sensible enough move at the time!) The hankering remained though...

I spotted this car for sale back in June when it was priced reasonably but taken down fairly quickly... I assumed it had sold but then the ad reappeared on ebay a few weeks ago...

Fairly average photos didn’t have me expecting much but the seller was telling me the car was immaculate.

At that stage i’d found out he bought the car from Hollybrook. They had two of these for sale in 2016, this was the higher mileage one of that pair at 64k but he’d put less than 1000 miles on it since buying...

The ad was still live and painted a much better picture than his ebay pics

Renault Clio 182 Trophy | Hollybrook Sports Cars

1EC1A4DB-A4C7-4423-A64D-3110928B2D35.jpeg

I was pretty set on it at that stage to be honest!
He was willing to talk on price as it’s due a belt change and the dampers hadn’t been rebuilt since 2012 (Although after buying it i had a nice surprise finding the invoice for the damper rebuild and susp refresh in the history folder dated 2015 (1,500 miles ago) instead of 2012 (20,000 miles ago) which should save me that spend for a good while...)

A few unforseens then came along last week including an aborted holiday which left me with time to go see/collect it! Every cloud and all that...

Here she is on first sight.
F87504B9-84E8-4E3A-A472-E84B33501829.jpeg

We talked more about his 405 GTX than the Clio! (12 other cars also in the garage - this was the humble french corner!)

Love this Sabelt wheel! Also have the original...
3A24C7CB-94B1-4982-86D9-28BD3E9B561A.jpeg

On the road - was able to go to a good mates wedding on the way back up through england which was great!
27BFE80F-4C06-477A-929C-26EC5D9390A3.jpeg

9613FAA8-73A4-48AB-B3C0-2FA9A4A0A72C.jpeg

It’s a great handling car on the road - devours roundbouts!
FC884918-6133-4C7A-88BD-0557CB1E86FB.jpeg

Back home now, hopefully get belts changed in next few weeks and them enjoy before the summer disappears

JackMO

RMS Regular
Drives
Golf GTI
Huge fan. I’d love one.

Did I perhaps see this in Portrush up round from Ramore a couple of weeks ago? I can’t remember the reg. They aren’t common! If it wasn’t, it has to be probably the only other in the country.

Have you driven a normal 182? If so, how does the Trophy stack?

Last edited:

ilovequo

RMS Regular
OP
ilovequo
That looks fairly good value to me!
Mine only cost very slightly more with lesser miles but needing belts...
Who knows what way prices will go - I can’t see it costing me much for a few years driving though...
They look dear sat next to a standard 182 but also look very reasonable (in my mind) next to any kind of nice condition 205 Gti!
Think the value’s in these 50k+ mile ones though! Anyone with less miles than that seems to be wanting the really silly money

ilovequo

RMS Regular
OP
ilovequo
Huge fan. I’d love one.

Did I perhaps see this in Portrush up round from Ramore a couple of weeks ago? I can’t remember the reg. They aren’t common! If it wasn’t, it has to be probably the only other in the country.

Have you driven a normal 182? If so, how does the Trophy stack?

No, just got it home this am!
Have driven a few 182s before (std&cups) but never owned one so i couldnt give a great comparison
This feels alot heavier and more planted at the front end than both from memory!
Otherwise very similar i would think...

JamieG95

RMS Photographer
Drives
F10 530d
Ohhhhhh boy. That is the ticket, awesome.

Only know of one other Clio 182 Trophy in NI, they certainly aren't a common sight! HTD!

Mont

RMS Regular
Drives
SupraMINIMX5
Gorgeous. I never really knew about Trophys until I watched Harry Metcalfe do a Youtube video on his own car a while back.

Hardly ever see these about. The only other one I've seen recently was at the Down Royal Car & Coffee a couple of months ago. It might have been the one you seen @martybelfastsri