Clio Trophy No.302

coling2005

RMS Regular
Drives
Altea, ATR, CRX
Great car! Had a watch at that video and really puts the notion on for having one! Remember when I bought my Clio Williams the guy lifted me at the airport in his Trophy, think that's the only time I've had a run in one.
I think a guy from around Magherafelt had 1 a few years back, possibly worked in Tyre Safety Centre Cookstown. Always met it on the road morning and evenings.

Simon998

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini
Lovely!! Didn’t think I’d see another one over here after the guy on here (eddie?) sold his, I used to see it on the Lisburn road all the time. Capsicum red is a cracking colour.

A lot of the folk on the trophy forum coat the front shocks in ACF50 as they’re prone to rusting and as I’m sure you’re aware, far from cheap to rebuild/replace.

ilovequo

RMS Regular
OP
ilovequo
Is Eddie from Ballynahinch direcion?
I think it was his car i was looking at that time but didnt realize he was on here...
And yes will look into coating the shocks with something before winter comes in!

ilovequo

RMS Regular
OP
ilovequo
Clio’s been away getting her belts changed so i amused myself by buying a copy of the old Evo edition where it won the real world test...
Mid 2000’s was a great time for cars!!!
4AE54925-390A-47D6-988F-57D2D0631C23.jpeg

And mobiles - check this snazzy Vertu! A snip at £3250 sterlings
1798AAC2-8A82-4700-812F-04FCAC1A1CED.jpeg

300trophy

RMS Regular
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
Very nice indeed! Would happily sell my Clio 200 and jump into one of these! I can remember when Hollybrook had the pair up for sale, we carried out the belt change on the lower mileage car. From memory it was going to Scotland and into a collection.

@Simon998, @fasteddie owned one for a while.

Simon998

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini
I was close! I got the Eddie bit right lol.

I spotted a LY 182 on the Portaferry Road the other day. I'd be hard pushed to pick between it and the trophy given the choice, both are probably the best looking RS Clios imo.

Simon998

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini
Good god I love turinis.

Will it ever see a track? I'd love to see just how much faster around kirky a Trophy is against my standard 172.

ilovequo

RMS Regular
OP
ilovequo
I’d love a trackday at some stage!
Which days do you go to at kirkiston? Most seem to be on sundays which bever really suit me... Plus its a wild drive from my neck of the woods!
Hoping his coalisland track materise for some action closer to home...
Just in from a midnight scalp from enniskillen - love this car!
7DAC7F12-36E9-46DA-846A-D2C3409D8303.jpeg

Simon998

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini
Haven't been in many a year but I plan to go to a few trackskills events next year. I've a few maintenance things I want to get done over winter.

Looks fantastic in the dark! Do you have an induction kit on it yet? I know that's a bit of a max power question but these sound pretty great with an open filter.

kristen

RMS Regular
Drives
Meganers250
Nearly bought one a while ago regret it but my rb is great craic but still have temptation lol the ly one on portaferry road I use to work on nice motor always kept my eye on it incase it every came up for sale

Health to enjoy lucky man owning that

ilovequo

RMS Regular
OP
ilovequo
Haven't been in many a year but I plan to go to a few trackskills events next year. I've a few maintenance things I want to get done over winter.
Looks fantastic in the dark! Do you have an induction kit on it yet? I know that's a bit of a max power question but these sound pretty great with an open filter.
5C8174B7-A4EF-4621-9585-E3C5D4877849.jpeg

Engine bay is pretty tidy...
Not much induction noise to be heard over the exhaust though!
Its got a full Ktec system on it which sounds good on a charge but does get a bit tiresome at 70+...
That said i’m not doing big mileage so prob just leave it

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Your exhaust must be loud because the CDA is nice and loud on my 155 and I thought my exhaust was pretty loud.
Love the Clio 172/182 and the Trophy is just soo special. Class. :cool:

ilovequo

RMS Regular
OP
ilovequo
The Kenwood has decided to stop reading cd's after I forced it to play Copperhead Road at least 30 times on repeat...
Apart from not liking my country rock collection it also rotated through every colour of the rainbow while it was on and needed 2 clicks of the volume knob to turn up one notch volume!
Time to put the standard head unit back in!
image.jpeg

suckindiesel

RMS Regular
Drives
A6 Allroad
The Kenwood has decided to stop reading cd's after I forced it to play Copperhead Road at least 30 times on repeat...
Apart from not liking my country rock collection it also rotated through every colour of the rainbow while it was on and needed 2 clicks of the volume knob to turn up one notch volume!
Time to put the standard head unit back in!
View attachment 209325

“I learned a thing or two from Charlie don't you know......You better stay away from Copperhead Road”

ilovequo

RMS Regular
OP
ilovequo
Found this the other day and in two minds about fitting it...
Its designed to clip in behind the steering wheel and provide functions on normal wheel (horn/radio/cruise)
Would like cruise back but i can work the other bits from the stalks...
Wheel itself is great - very grippy and looks far better than normal item in my opinion
BB59D3A1-5A3D-4500-A59B-656BCA256D6D.jpeg

richie_mck

RMS Regular
I somehow missed this thread. What a cracking car. My brother in law always goes on about how he doesn't see the point of a small hot hatch, hes an idiot, these especially are a riot.

Peadar

RMS Regular
Drives
Cayenne
What a car. My 200 Cup is still one of the best cars I've owned. Renault definitely know how to set up a car.