Clio Trophy No.302

Gobsheene

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini&Corolla
Nice! I see there is mismatched tyres on it... I found my 182 hated that. Full set of PE2s on it would be my choice! :grinning:

Rare care now!

ilovequo

RMS Regular
OP
ilovequo
Yes - Michelins on front (great tyre) and Toyos on back...
Would put Pilotsports on the back too but they’re around £110 a corner and the Toyos have good tread left... They’ll do a while yet!

ilovequo

RMS Regular
OP
ilovequo
Love that, buttons look very Motorsport :cool:
They do - im just wondering if it would look a bit too much...
Its not costing me anything (found it in the glove compartment) so might stick it on and see what its like.
The wife cant understand why anyone would want a steering wheel with no airbag on it! Hope i never need it...
8o|

Simon998

RMS Regular
Drives
Cayman S
I adore those steering wheels. They oddly make the car feel different.

suckindiesel

RMS Regular
Drives
A6 Allroad
They do - im just wondering if it would look a bit too much...
Its not costing me anything (found it in the glove compartment) so might stick it on and see what its like.
The wife cant understand why anyone would want a steering wheel with no airbag on it! Hope i never need it...
8o|

Was thinking that myself, must be getting old! I say do it, they look cool.

ilovequo

RMS Regular
OP
ilovequo
Clio was fluttering a bit on idle and not as anxious to accelerate as it was...
I’d put a few tanks of normal unleaded through it but a fill of super has transformed it within a few miles!
Didnt think it would be as sensitive to fuel (maybe had a map at some stage? Or else i just got a real bad tank of 95...)
Think i’ll stick to super anyway, not doing massive miles in it so it’ll do no harm

Simon998

RMS Regular
Drives
Cayman S
Mine doesn't like regular 95 or GO super, it's only really noticeable when the car is on the 'warm up sequence' though. They all have a stutter low in the rev range until the car has been running for a couple of minutes.

JackMO

RMS Regular
Drives
Golf GTI
I’d put a few tanks of normal unleaded through it but a fill of super has transformed it within a few miles!
Didnt think it would be as sensitive to fuel (maybe had a map at some stage? Or else i just got a real bad tank of 95...)
Think i’ll stick to super anyway, not doing massive miles in it so it’ll do no harm

Sisters boyfriend has a 182, runs super all the time. Says it runs rubbish on 95 and throws ok engine lights etc!

ilovequo

RMS Regular
OP
ilovequo
Mine doesn't like regular 95 or GO super, it's only really noticeable when the car is on the 'warm up sequence' though. They all have a stutter low in the rev range until the car has been running for a couple of minutes.
Good to know - thanks!
Not sure about Go generally, i’m sure its fine quality wise but noticed their derv wasn't doing the same mpg as BP when i was doing bigger miles commuting...

ilovequo

RMS Regular
OP
ilovequo
Clio got a deep clean today for the first time in months...
30AD25ED-9EA7-4838-AE3D-2E57F926D626.jpeg

It has its quirks, like the bootlid that only opens 90 degrees (awkward enough in a multi-storey) but i absolutely love it!
DE8DD25D-C3D6-42DC-9FBF-86CA775D036A.jpeg

ilovequo

RMS Regular
OP
ilovequo
Bought this wee yoke off @lightning to take the daily abuse and let the Clio into the shed!
60k and driving like new! Very pleased with it...
IMG_0005.JPG

IMG_0010.JPG

I think Honda were well ahead of the game with the design on these... Much better looking than the fat blob design on all the current small SUVs!
Absolutely love it so far - even the wife has a soft spot for it!
First job, buffed the headlamps
IMG_1589.JPG

Last edited:

GavRS182

RMS Regular
Drives
RS Clio 182
i've always filled with super unleaded in my 182, it drives better & returns better mpg in my experience even before I applied a fastchip remap. You're trophy looks awesome :grinning: What exhaust system is fitted? Doesn't look like the stock part.

ilovequo

RMS Regular
OP
ilovequo
Yes - have read a few people saying the same thing on the Renault forums...
The exhaust is a Ktec system, came with the car ( I think non resonated by the sound of it?)
It's nice but a bit droney at speed...
Tempted to pull it off and buy a scorpion 192...
@Harry_182 any videos of yours?

RWL

RMS Regular
Drives
A6 Allroad
Bought this wee yoke off @lightning to take the daily abuse and let the Clio into the shed!
60k and driving like new! Very pleased with it...
Absolutely love it so far - even the wife has a soft spot for it!

Told you it was a prime candidate for your requirements! Health to get covered in chicken sheeite! :p

Harry_182

RMS Regular
Drives
182 / s2000
Yes - have read a few people saying the same thing on the Renault forums...
The exhaust is a Ktec system, came with the car ( I think non resonated by the sound of it?)
It's nice but a bit droney at speed...
Tempted to pull it off and buy a scorpion 192...
@Harry_182 any videos of yours?

I've put a few videos of mine up on flickr, here's the link:
Harry Walsh
The one video of me at night is with standard cat and standard mid pipe. The other two videos are with scorpion de cat and non res mid pipe (The video of standard set up isn't great but will get a better one the next day I'm out in it). I've since changed back to standard cat and mid pipe as I found the de cat/non res set up very raspy and quite droney. IMO this is a far better set up as it sounds awesome when you're flooring it but is very quiet and sensible when you're cruising at 70. Hope this helps (y)

stuartyvilla

RMS Regular
Drives
182/ 208 GTI
Stunning car! I have to agree with fellow 182 owners, mine doesn't like running 95 fuel at all, no issues on super!

andy.

RMS Regular
Drives
MKVI GTI
Pretty sure I came across this in Bangor there, very nice car. It looks really well on the road.

Simon998

RMS Regular
Drives
Cayman S
Each Fastchip 'remap' is locked to the ECU @kristen. Unless you have the old pre 2012 .CAL files (I have the pre-2012 98RON file and the launch control .CAL file) and use the old RSTuner software. You'll still need to borrow an RSTuner though, I sold mine.

ilovequo

RMS Regular
OP
ilovequo
That Scorpion sounds mighty! Love the raspy edge on it...
@andy. hope it wasn’t mine! It’s been parked up all this week since i’ve Got new fang led with the HRV

Chris tii

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 2002tii
I saw a Trophy last week in the Ashbury area in Bangor. Was that you?