Clock Spring coding Audi A6 c7

SH4U11

RMS Regular
Drives
AudiA6
Hey lads,

I changed the clock Spring in the motor lastnight due the previous one snapping some how. Seems to be a common issue as they're all on back order.

I swapped it out for one like for like. Same part no's etc.

There's now and ESC and Steering system fault.
The steering is now heavy as compared to what it was.

Putting the old one back in just brings up an airbag light.

Just wondering will having this coded to the car sort the issues? If so, is there anyone that can do this at short notice?

MOT is booked but tax is now due end of the week and ideally like to have it sorted to try and get a cancellation before tax runs out.

TIA,
Shaun

DJMCA

RMS Regular
VCDS (or whatever software for Audi) will tell you the angle of the the steering wheel i.e. its probably showing not straight. Might cause abs, traction control etc to kick in when you accelerate.

Chances are the clock spring doesnt match the angle of your steering wheel

Also, airbag lights need reset via handheld or software

SH4U11

RMS Regular
OP
SH4U11
Drives
AudiA6
Yeah bud sort of guessed its going to need computer work. It's getting someone that can do it tonight or tomorrow ideally...

Really is a matter of urgency at this stage due to this tax running out.

Ruairi83

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7.5 GTi PP
I’m working in Dungiven in morning for 30mins or so. Around 10:30 if you can meet there I could do a basic setting and recalibrate to see if that fixes.

NI_Volvo_Nut

RMS Regular
Drives
Volvo's!
Have you tried just calibrating the steering? Think it's turning lock to lock a number of times.

It will be to do with the steering angle but the calibration should sort it without the need of VCDS

SH4U11

RMS Regular
OP
SH4U11
Drives
AudiA6
I have carista Shaun probably too basic for this...
@cormac81, if your free at any stage later and are up for plugging it even try and clear the faults that would be great. But I've a feeling your right. Might be abit to basic

Have you tried just calibrating the steering? Think it's turning lock to lock a number of times.

It will be to do with the steering angle but the calibration should sort it without the need of VCDS
I'll look that up tonight bud. Thanks.

@Ruairi83 that's pal, I'm working in the morning is the only thing.

Ruairi83

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7.5 GTi PP
@cormac81, if your free at any stage later and are up for plugging it even try and clear the faults that would be great. But I've a feeling your right. Might be abit to basic

I'll look that up tonight bud. Thanks.

@Ruairi83 that's pal, I'm working in the morning is the only thing.
Clear the faults with Carista, turn car on, turn wheel full lock left and turn wheel full lock right. Try that twice then delete codes again to see if that work.

Edit: didn’t see above by ni Volvo. Try that first

SH4U11

RMS Regular
OP
SH4U11
Drives
AudiA6
Lads, thanks a million for the advice.

Friend called me back and his friend was in garage mapping a motor, quick spin outside Tandragee and £40 later she's coded in an back to the way she should be.

Now to get onto the cancellation que in the morning.

Again, thank you all for the advice and help