Coding used seat satellite

rickymckee73

Drives
bmw 730d
Hi ,
the rear seat satellite has died on my e65 730d , this was an option for the rear side airbags afaik , I've read that instead of replacement I can have it coded out . I'd be happy to replace it with a used one but all the usual places won't code a used one to the car. It's a couple of hundred for a new one. Does anyone know anybody who could do it . Is the guy John Leecock still doing this stuff by any chance.
Cheers
Richard

rickymckee73

OP
rickymckee73
Drives
bmw 730d
It's number 7 in the pics

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191130_151740_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20191130_151740_com.android.chrome.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 57
  • Screenshot_20191130_151804_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20191130_151804_com.android.chrome.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 57

dddrrift

RMS Regular
yes a used one can be re-coded. John can do it no problem, I don't have the old E series software installed anymore, sorry

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3
Any BMW indy can do it or anyone with NCS Expert installed. I can’t speak for the E65 but I coded it out on my E60 and it got rid of the airbag errors on the dash.

rickymckee73

OP
rickymckee73
Drives
bmw 730d
I've been to a couple of Indys but they won't do it. At least I know it can be done and I don't have to shell out a few hundred for a new one. Thanks guys

rickymckee73

OP
rickymckee73
Drives
bmw 730d
I have NCS expert and inpa , Inpa works fine but can't get NCS expert to work at all , don't know if it's my laptop or the version I have. Wont work at all lol.

dddrrift

RMS Regular
ncs expert will maybe allow you set that module as ‘not active’ but you wont be able to code a used module with NCS expert.

You need Progman/DIS to code a used one.

Indys wont want to turn it off as its part of the restraint system. do it right and replace the module and code it in. a used module cant be that expensive.

rickymckee73

OP
rickymckee73
Drives
bmw 730d
They aren't , but the Indys aren't willing to code that in either , they'll only do brand new ones I've seen used ones on eBay for £20 so getting it coded in will save a good couple of hundred quid.

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3
Might be of use

Last edited: