Coilovers

ShaunB

RMS Regular
Guys,
Who could raise the height of a car that has coilovers fitted?

I'll not go into all the detail, but they were fitted against my better judgement, and person who fitted them on the car is no longer available.
The car is way too low and will not pass MOT like it is, and as I understand from said garage, the rear springs will rattle with all wheels off the ground because its too low.

I had the car in a garage recently getting serviced, but they didn't seem to keen on touching the coilovers.

If I remember correctly the make is JOM and they're from Euro carparts.

Edit: Ideally as close to Carrickfergus as possible, but if it needs to go further afield then it will.

Last edited:

Father Stack

RMS Regular
Drives
VRS
any mechanic should be able to raise coilovers, it's a simple process. Unless they're seized, but even then with a bit of heat and brute force they usually move. Worse case scenario is they'll have to be taken out to be freed, if they're super seized.

ShaunB

RMS Regular
OP
ShaunB
Can't see them being seized, maybe 9 months on the car.

RevT

RMS Regular
It’s a simple job, wheels off, use the C spanners to adjust the height and then re-fit the wheels.

Last edited:

Jonny1992

RMS Regular
Drives
too much
Guys,
Who could raise the height of a car that has coilovers fitted?

I'll not go into all the detail, but they were fitted against my better judgement, and person who fitted them on the car is no longer available.
The car is way too low and will not pass MOT like it is, and as I understand from said garage, the rear springs will rattle with all wheels off the ground because its too low.

I had the car in a garage recently getting serviced, but they didn't seem to keen on touching the coilovers.

If I remember correctly the make is JOM and they're from Euro carparts.

Edit: Ideally as close to Carrickfergus as possible, but if it needs to go further afield then it will.

Speak to Matt and Rab at ArezAir in ballyclare they can set it up higher for you :grinning:

ShaunB

RMS Regular
OP
ShaunB
I doubt that my daughter was given those C spanners, but presumably they are standard size things, or there are alternative ways to turn them?

Thanks in advance