Colour Match Spray Cans

AlpineJetta

RMS Regular
Drives
Old VWs
Anybody know of anywhere that'll make up a spray can to match the current gold colour of my wheels?

Im in belfast but don't mind a drive to pick the product up.

Just need one can (maybe 2 to be safe) for the VW badges and GTI lettering.

AlpineJetta

RMS Regular
OP
AlpineJetta
Drives
Old VWs
Brilliant, im pretty sure its the same gold as subaru wheels, heres a few pics of it.

Attachments

• 20200618_205557.jpg
    20200618_205557.jpg
    274.8 KB · Views: 75
  • 20200625_202222.jpg
    20200625_202222.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 117

Mont

RMS Regular
Drives
SupraMINIMX5
Component Distributors in Mallusk do. I brought in the engine cover from my T2 last year and they scanned it to mix up a paint match.

AlpineJetta

RMS Regular
OP
AlpineJetta
Drives
Old VWs
Really? Sounds like the kinda service I'm looking for and well, if I have to walk in there with a 19inch wheel in my arms for them to scan while a space saver props her up outside, I'd give it a try! Cheers, this forums already proving to be great help!

salster

RMS Regular
Drives
mini
car and colour on Boucher road, they also have a scanner. no need to take the wheel off, take the scanner to the wheel.

AlpineJetta

RMS Regular
OP
AlpineJetta
Drives
Old VWs
ill be taking a drive to boucher tomorrow then!

Cheers lads, proper appreciate the help!

Will keep updates on the car going, cheers!

AlpineJetta

RMS Regular
OP
AlpineJetta
Drives
Old VWs
Also, messed around with a tin of plasti dip recently that I thought would match but it didn't hence my post...
suppose it was worth a cheap attempt at it and gimme a rough idea of what it'd look like anyway. Plus, with it being plasti dip its easy to peel off again if it failed, as it did, and it wasn't the end of the world.

So anyway, heres what it will kinda look like once done...

Peeled off now though :worried:

Attachments

• 20200705_233705.jpg
    20200705_233705.jpg
    309.9 KB · Views: 107

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Wheels are notoriously difficult to scan due to the shape of them and often the scanner can't get enough flat material to get its reading.

Hopefully you already got sorted, I wouldn't want you to drive all the way up here for our scanner to then not pick up a reading! When it can't be used we will use colour chip cards though.

pablo

RMS Moderator
Also, messed around with a tin of plasti dip recently that I thought would match but it didn't hence my post...
suppose it was worth a cheap attempt at it and gimme a rough idea of what it'd look like anyway. Plus, with it being plasti dip its easy to peel off again if it failed, as it did, and it wasn't the end of the world.

So anyway, heres what it will kinda look like once done...

Peeled off now though :worried:

sweet jesus no

AlpineJetta

RMS Regular
OP
AlpineJetta
Drives
Old VWs
Wheels are notoriously difficult to scan due to the shape of them and often the scanner can't get enough flat material to get its reading.

Hopefully you already got sorted, I wouldn't want you to drive all the way up here for our scanner to then not pick up a reading! When it can't be used we will use colour chip cards though.
Apologises lad, I didn't even see your reply!

I've an hour or 2 free in the morning, hope to pop up to Car and Colour tomorrow and see if they can sort me with a can there and then

If not, then hey, I don't mind a drive if I'm gonna get a highly recommended service ;) appreciate the feedback too
car and colour on Boucher road, they also have a scanner. no need to take the wheel off, take the scanner to the wheel.
Quick question, I've a bit of free time in the morning.. is C&C open to walk in service? Like would I be able to leave shortly after with the desired colour in a spray can, and for what cost roughly?