Coming Soon.... 2015 Honda Type R

David Patterson

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda Type R
Think Honda had to go down the route of mad, over the top styling otherwise nobody would buy one - it's the Type R's defining feature.

Not for me.
So the only reason anyone would buy a type r is for its styling? I bought the fk2 and the styling was down the list past things like handling, power/torque, fun factor, reliability, warranty, value for money, fantastic gear box, etc.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
No I just wouldn't buy a Honda.

I'm sure they are wonderful in every way but as I said, not for me.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
I have an interest in them & it's nice to hear other people's view on them :grinning:

But if it's Honda enthusiasts only I'll leave you all to it (y)

Gambit

RMS Regular
Nice wee article from whiteline

Article itself

upload_2017-10-24_11-48-50.png

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
This month's Evo has a great comparison writeup with the new Civic Type R against the Leon 300 and the Focus RS, they rate the Civic as a better car than both of the of the others and possibly the best hot hatch out there at the moment.

Shannonsir

RMS Regular
Drives
Camaro SS
did you go for a test drive?

what are your thoughts?

No didn't get a drive in it, was just sitting in showroom, a test drive would have tormented me even further. I drove an fk2 and enjoyed it , my only critique was the harsh ride even out of +R mode which seems to have been well sorted in the fk8 so I'm sold already without a test drive lol. The most noticeable thing getting into the cabin is how much more spacious it feels compared to the fk2, actually feels like a really big saloon sitting inside which is another big plus for family + kids etc. The cabin also feels a bit better finished, more quality about it though I'm not in any way saying the fk2 isn't quality inside either.

Anyone actually test drove an fk8 yet, I'd also be curious to know their thoughts?.

Reactions: Gaz

nobby

RMS Regular
Drives
Jap stuff
ahh ok
the car is bigger, as the car is designed and built in UK, through HUK wisdom (lack off) there is no longer the Accord as the option so the Civic is built bigger etc to cater for 'larger needs'.
Yet the Accord is sold elsewhere in the world and continues to be a good seller and is a really good car

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
Although marketed as a hot hatch, the combination of 4 doors and a more saloon-like shape than previous Civic hatches makes me see this more a successor to the Accord Type R or FD2 than the last 3 generations of Civic Type R hatches.

zafturbo

RMS Regular
I still think they look tacky with the styling although they are slowly,very slowly growing on me.

FN2DAVE

RMS Regular
Drives
Seat Leon
Dont get the 3 pipes thing ^o).
And not fussed on the rear at all.
Got a 30min drive in a civic, ok it was the fk2 1.4 petrol one and thought the interior build quality was crap after poking and pulling at the dash and bottons for a bit. Very cheap feeling and a step back from the FN2.
Maybe the hot hatch model is a step up in quality or at least I'd like to think it is. They still stuck with the crap circular gear knob I see .
Never took to it at all on the Fn2 so swapped it out stright away!

David Patterson

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda Type R
I
Dont get the 3 pipes thing ^o).
And not fussed on the rear at all.
Got a 30min drive in a civic, ok it was the fk2 1.4 petrol one and thought the interior build quality was crap after poking and pulling at the dash and bottons for a bit. Very cheap feeling and a step back from the FN2.
Maybe the hot hatch model is a step up in quality or at least I'd like to think it is. They still stuck with the crap circular gear knob I see .
Never took to it at all on the Fn2 so swapped it out stright away!
I owned an FN2 for five years and now own an FK2. Have to say the interior cabin is definitely a step up from the FN2. The seating, steering wheel and dash all well improved.

Richy

RMS Regular
Drives
E55
I see Honda advertising the new one at £279 & £299 a month for GT... Couldn’t find any info on the deposit tho, sure to be £XX,XXX?

Shannonsir

RMS Regular
Drives
Camaro SS
£8k and £9k respectively. With a 15k final repayment. You'd be mad to PCP one when you could drop an 8 or 9k deposit and personal loan the remainder over a suitable term with half the APR and no final payment , not to mention it's yours from day dot.

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Looks decent. I just think theres too much going on in stock guise ... maybe im boring lol

Reactions: DC.