Compensation for cancelled MOT test

iceworx

RMS Regular
Drives
Golf 20v turbo
I've just received a cheque for £16 from the DOE in compensation for a cancelled MOT test way back in February. I received a paper, 3 month TEC and then a virtual 6 month TEC so the MOT is now due in December. I also received a refund of the original application fee ages ago so this looks like a little bonus ............... happy days.

Anybody else received one?

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
Nope, had one cancelled in June though I had the refund before I knew it was actually cancelled. Scoobys Mot not due in middle of January which is a pain as it's not usually out/taxed in the winter.

iceworx

RMS Regular
OP
I
Drives
Golf 20v turbo
Well if it's a scam the money is now sitting in my bank account. The cheque was actually from he Driver and Vehicle Agency.

Last edited:

iceworx

RMS Regular
OP
I
Drives
Golf 20v turbo
After research, it appears that anyone who had a test booked between the 21st of January and the 26th of February and had the test subsequently cancelled due to the faulty lifts will get a refund of the test fee and compensation of 50% of the fee, namely £16 .............. mystery solved,

DJMCA

RMS Regular
My daily was due MOT in November, i looked on the system yesterday about getting date booked and they have extended it to next May

vw1500

RMS Regular
Drives
VW
I booked an Mot at the start of Feb for the end of March I think, it was cancelled and I got the refund of test fee (after the date of the test had passed) and TEC then it extended again. A wee £16 cheque be nice to compensate for all that hassle lol

hannakournikova

RMS Regular
I've just received a cheque for £16 from the DOE in compensation for a cancelled MOT test way back in February. I received a paper, 3 month TEC and then a virtual 6 month TEC so the MOT is now due in December. I also received a refund of the original application fee ages ago so this looks like a little bonus ............... happy days.

Anybody else received one?
Yes got one too

Mel_45

RMS Regular
Drives
megane
Just got mine too. Took me months to get the initial refund, however they have spelt my name wrong on the cheque. Likely to be an issue when cashing it In? This is about the second cheque I've ever received.

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
Just got mine too. Took me months to get the initial refund, however they have spelt my name wrong on the cheque. Likely to be an issue when cashing it In? This is about the second cheque I've ever received.
Yeah, banks usually very fussy that T's are crossed and I's dotted (understandably). So don't cash it incase it bounces and you're hit with the fee.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Yeah, banks usually very fussy that T's are crossed and I's dotted (understandably). So don't cash it incase it bounces and you're hit with the fee.

I went to change my address and signed the forms with my bank and it was rejected on the signature, so I had to go to local branch with ID and explain myself. Turns out that when they scanned my signature when I opened the account that only half of it got scanned into the system.

Asked then what about cheques that had been paid for the past few years, including a few fairly substantial ones.

" Oh we don't really check those..."