Cop with radar gun

vtec1

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus st
Done a search but were all older threads. Was a cop with a hairdryer there done at seacat. Was gunning everyone but had no intentions of wanting to pull anyone in. Know I was doing a bit more than a should have been. Is the concenus still you need to be pulled in? Or will the fpns be gettin dished out in the post?

bigpupcooper

RMS Regular
Drives
m135i, m40i
If it was a gun then pretty sure you need stopped and issued. Don’t recall the police having anything mobile that can be used other than the vans or a car

Snoopcousins

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
Done a search but were all older threads. Was a cop with a hairdryer there done at seacat. Was gunning everyone but had no intentions of wanting to pull anyone in. Know I was doing a bit more than a should have been. Is the concenus still you need to be pulled in? Or will the fpns be gettin dished out in the post?

They can issue you with a Notice of Intended Prosecution just like if you got done by a fixed camera etc
I’m sure they arnt going to bother doing that for a little over the limit tho- Id say they were trying to catch high speeds

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
They can issue you with a Notice of Intended Prosecution just like if you got done by a fixed camera etc
I’m sure they arnt going to bother doing that for a little over the limit tho- Id say they were trying to catch high speeds

They didn’t flinch when I was passing them in the docks at a brisk pace on the bike... 😐

bigpupcooper

RMS Regular
Drives
m135i, m40i
They’d needed to have recorded your reg etc. Not sure that the handguns are anything more than detectors

Snoopcousins

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
They’d needed to have recorded your reg etc. Not sure that the handguns are anything more than detectors

Well obviously ...that’s what they’d usually do- not hard to record your reg and the recorded speed :grinning:

No difference to a fixed camera - other than using 2 (or 1 i suppose) officers evidence.

They have 14 days to post it to the owner.

As I said thi- any see them bothering unless it was a crazy speed

J55NI

RMS Regular
Well obviously ...that’s what they’d usually do- not hard to record your reg and the recorded speed :grinning:

No difference to a fixed camera - other than using 2 (or 1 i suppose) officers evidence.

A few years ago my lovely letter dropped through the letter box 21 days later.

Snoopcousins

RMS Regular
Drives
M3

If the post date is over 14 days from the offense date then you get away with it....
Same with any notice of intended prosecution ...like if someone makes a complaint of careless driving against you etc...only time it doesn’t apply really is if it’s in conjunction with a RTC

It doesn’t stop them doing it- I got one a few years back for bangor-Belfast camera and post date was 20 days after offense date - I just rang them and told them to sling it...
No they don't.

Exactky - course they don’t have to pull you in....with that logic you could just fly past at 130mph and good luck to them trying to pull you in lol

J55NI

RMS Regular
If the post date is over 14 days from the offense date then you get away with it....
Same with any notice of intended prosecution ...like if someone makes a complaint of careless driving against you etc...only time it doesn’t apply really is if it’s in conjunction with a RTC

It doesn’t stop them doing it- I got one a few years back for bangor-Belfast camera and post date was 20 days after offense date - I just rang them and told them to sling it...

Exactky - course they don’t have to pull you in....with that logic you could just fly past at 130mph and good luck to them trying to pull you in lol

It was royal fails fault actually as it was posted within the 14 days.

Snoopcousins

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
Ah right the training I attended 8yrs ago must have changed then, thanks for letting me know

I think you need to go back and resit it then cause you’re clearly wrong ...and that would be giving out wrong advice

......As part of the reason for using these radar guns is to show motorists on that stretch of road that their speed is being monitored, if it is safe to stop someone who has been caught speeding and issue a Fixed Penalty Notice on the spot, then the police will usually choose this option. However it is always possible that if it is dangerous to other road users or police officers to stop an offending vehicle at the roadside, than a summons can be issued to the address of the registered keeper after the event. Because the preference is a fixed penalty, in most cases, if you aren't stopped on the spot then you're probably okay. It's not a certainty though, so if you think you might have been speeding, you'll just have to wait it out....

Last edited:

bigpupcooper

RMS Regular
Drives
m135i, m40i

My point was that the radar gun doesn’t record. The cop isn’t gonna to be able to hold it, learn to write and get the numbers with the speed date time and location

Snoopcousins

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
My point was that the radar gun doesn’t record. The cop isn’t gonna to be able to hold it, learn to write and get the numbers with the speed date time and location

Don’t see what’s hard to grasp here? It’s one number that comes up on it....they see your Reg and make a note of it!! Surely the date and location are an easy one lol

Snoopcousins

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
There's really no point in responding to this sort of thing on this forum is there. There will always be someone else with superior Google ability to argue and prove you wrong rather just let the person asking to sweat it out

Google ability - where’s the facepalm emoji lol

RevT

RMS Regular
Well, this all got out of hand. Bitching and moaning in grown adults amuses me. 😂

-Pete-

RMS Regular
They are sharp with the post these days. I got done on Tues and letter arrived Thurs of the same week. That's was fortnight ago.
was it the mobile van?anywhere round bangor?
Im pretty sure I got scooped on the bangor carriageway the other day just after st columbanus as some dozey bint was parked on the carriageway blocking a lane, waiting to pick up her kid from the school, I nipped out past her to help keep traffic moving, got round the bend and there was the mobile van sitting there.... hopefully if It did get me, I can do the course but think I did one already in the last three years.
It must be years if at all since I saw a mobile unit sitting on that part of the road and I would be on it very regularly, nearly daily.
seems like theyre out to scoop people going back to work and picking up kids from school the sneaky sheisters.