Cop with radar gun

Snoopcousins

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
was it the mobile van?anywhere round bangor?
Im pretty sure I got scooped on the bangor carriageway the other day just after st columbanus as some dozey bint was parked on the carriageway blocking a lane, waiting to pick up her kid from the school, I nipped out past her to help keep traffic moving, got round the bend and there was the mobile van sitting there.... hopefully if It did get me, I can do the course but think I did one already in the last three years.
It must be years if at all since I saw a mobile unit sitting on that part of the road and I would be on it very regularly, nearly daily.
seems like theyre out to scoop people going back to work and picking up kids from school the sneaky sheisters.

Yea I havnt seen them there before - usually further down towards Groomsport Roundabout ...
They’re out in force everywhere at the minute- especially around Belfast - popped up at a new location on Malone Road just after 7am last week ffs!

-Pete-

RMS Regular
Yea I havnt seen them there before - usually further down towards Groomsport Roundabout ...
They’re out in force everywhere at the minute- especially around Belfast - popped up at a new location on Malone Road just after 7am last week ffs!
I say around the bend, but it was on down a bit just not right at the round about. theres hope! I'll have to keep the lead out then if im going anywhere.

purplea4T

RMS Regular
I say around the bend, but it was on down a bit just not right at the round about. theres hope! I'll have to keep the lead out then if im going anywhere.
It's been sitting on both sides at the ring road at kilcooley recently too, just unsiighted enough to catch you out either way. Also right in the central reservation at George Best, that's a properly dodgy one and I've complained about it.

gpaevo

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi B9.5
was it the mobile van?anywhere round bangor?
Im pretty sure I got scooped on the bangor carriageway the other day just after st columbanus as some dozey bint was parked on the carriageway blocking a lane, waiting to pick up her kid from the school, I nipped out past her to help keep traffic moving, got round the bend and there was the mobile van sitting there.... hopefully if It did get me, I can do the course but think I did one already in the last three years.
It must be years if at all since I saw a mobile unit sitting on that part of the road and I would be on it very regularly, nearly daily.
seems like theyre out to scoop people going back to work and picking up kids from school the sneaky sheisters.
Yes, ring road by screwfix. The **** was parked under the trees blocking the footpath. I knew I was speeding so I've no excuse. Still ragin though.

They were parked on the central reservation of sydenham bypass yesterday morning and under springhill flyover.

Waze is a lifesaver at the moment

Last edited:

brocks

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW X6 M50d
Hand held laser, normally a detection results in a stop at the time/location.... there are at least 4 different devices in operation province wide at present

It is possible to be detected by a hand held device and not stopped, but this is not normal operating procedure. In this case a NIP (Notice of Intended Prosecution) HAS to be sent to the REGISTERED KEEPER within 14 days. If the car has changed hands it may be outside this time as long as the original notice was sent within the time constraints.

Also several video mounted systems in both saloon, estate and van based solutions in use for offences not limited to excess speed

Harbour Police are warranted to operate within 1 mile of the Harbour Estate boundaries don’t they do have powers for enforcement. Equally PSNI can operate within the confines of the Estate

Snoopcousins

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
Hand held laser, normally a detection results in a stop at the time/location.... there are at least 4 different devices in operation province wide at present

It is possible to be detected by a hand held device and not stopped, but this is not normal operating procedure. In this case a NIP (Notice of Intended Prosecution) HAS to be sent to the REGISTERED KEEPER within 14 days. If the car has changed hands it may be outside this time as long as the original notice was sent within the time constraints.

Also several video mounted systems in both saloon, estate and van based solutions in use for offences not limited to excess speed

Harbour Police are warranted to operate within 1 mile of the Harbour Estate boundaries don’t they do have powers for enforcement. Equally PSNI can operate within the confines of the Estate

Exactly this

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
I stick to the limit all day everyday while driving the lorry and 1 slip up on an empty road at 9am on a Saturday is when I happen to run into a camera
Out of 6 tickets I've had over the years, 4 of them were on a Saturday morning.

zafturbo

RMS Regular

All the make ,model,colour and reg numbers would be greatly appreciated ,if you don’t mind that is .😂

brocks

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW X6 M50d
All the make ,model,colour and reg numbers would be greatly appreciated ,if you don’t mind that is .😂

Quite a few are readily available, but the fleet is undergoing quite a revamp at present..... some cars not previously deployed are arriving very soon.... can’t say too much obviously, but small”hot” BMW’s and barge sized Volvo’s are going to be fairly common!