Cordless hedge trimmer with pole.... That can cope with some heavy work.

Johnny_E

RMS Regular
Drives
C220
Well, I've just wrecked my 2nd GTech cordless hedge trimmer.

Do you guys have anything cordless that'll cope with some heavier hedge cutting duties? The GTech keeps on stripping it's kevlar belts, but also rounds off the steel gears.

I'd need something 18v with 2 batteries.

I've a Mitox long reach here (open to offers if anyone wants it.... Barely used and just needs a service from having sat here unused), but want cordless so I can nip out here and there to keep up to the growth.

Johnny_E

RMS Regular
OP
Johnny_E
Drives
C220
Is your Mitox not petrol ? That's cordless.

My Mitox kit has been great.
Yeah.... It's cordless indeed... But I don't have much spare time and prefer the smell free option that I can lift and go out for 15 mins at a time without coming back in reaking of 2 stroke fumes.

Tedtiler

RMS Regular
Drives
St246 caldina
Well, I've just wrecked my 2nd GTech cordless hedge trimmer.

Do you guys have anything cordless that'll cope with some heavier hedge cutting duties? The GTech keeps on stripping it's kevlar belts, but also rounds off the steel gears.

I'd need something 18v with 2 batteries.

I've a Mitox long reach here (open to offers if anyone wants it.... Barely used and just needs a service from having sat here unused), but want cordless so I can nip out here and there to keep up to the growth.
I recently bought a long reach makita cordless with a lxt 5ah battery. Guy said it would do 40mins on one charge and I was very sceptical. Its a drill battery after all. But it actually does I'm pretty impressed and you can buy Chinese copy batteries for a few quid too

lightning

RMS Trader
Drives
volvo 740
Had to get sorted yesterday.... Ended up with a Stihl cordless. Looks a solid bit of kit.

Apologies I've been completely flattened with covid all weekend. Just out of bed today. Stihl should be a good piece of kit.

For anyone else looking the makita is good as is the ego, its 56v so pretty powerful as its dedicated. Stock is hard to get but think we've a coupe in stock, and its our one day annual sale tomorrow 10am-9pm.