Cordless Impact Wrench

Andy55

RMS Regular
I’ve been looking into getting a cordless impact wrench for home use.
Had looked at a few online and some of the Makita guns look decent but I’m not too clued up on them.
What would you recommend and would you have a few prices to go with them?
Thanks

lightning

RMS Trader
Drives
volvo 740
We should have a good few in stock, what sort of money? Theres a new Milwaukee one just out with a crazy 1898 torque. Realistically its the best on the market by a stretch, I'll need to check the price but its more than £500 but less than £600.

I’ve been looking into getting a cordless impact wrench for home use.
Had looked at a few online and some of the Makita guns look decent but I’m not too clued up on them.
What would you recommend and would you have a few prices to go with them?
Thanks

Andy55

RMS Regular
OP
Andy55
Milwaukee would be nice but I think it would be wasted on me for the type of use it would get.
Something middle of the road would be ideal.
Budget wise probably 350ish depending on batteries etc.

lightning

RMS Trader
Drives
volvo 740
Milwaukee would be nice but I think it would be wasted on me for the type of use it would get.
Something middle of the road would be ideal.
Budget wise probably 350ish depending on batteries etc.

No probs, decent Metabo around £349 all in with 5.5ah hd batteries or the makita for £290 all in with 2x 5.0 ah. We’ve just become main makita dealers in the last couple of weeks.

-Pete-

RMS Regular
No probs, decent Metabo around £349 all in with 5.5ah hd batteries or the makita for £290 all in with 2x 5.0 ah. We’ve just become main makita dealers in the last couple of weeks.

thats interesting, what sort of deals can you get on body only makita items? also, slightly unrelated.... are you guys able to supply the oxy and propylene bottles from stargas? just the bottles mind, not the whole kit? and also the price for those two bottles? Pm even simon, cheers.

lightning

RMS Trader
Drives
volvo 740
thats interesting, what sort of deals can you get on body only makita items? also, slightly unrelated.... are you guys able to supply the oxy and propylene bottles from stargas? just the bottles mind, not the whole kit? and also the price for those two bottles? Pm even simon, cheers.

Yes no probs, the bottles are £60+ vat deposit and £24+ on the oxygen and £70+ on the propylene. Should have all in stock. We have plenty of akita bodies, just pm me what you want (y)

Dee85

RMS Regular
Drives
Seat Leon 2.0tdi
Jumping on this thread here @lightning, how much would it be for a DeWalt dcf899 with 2no. 5ah batteries, charger and carry case for? Would you be able to do a better deal if I get the dewalt impact driver body with it as well?

lightning

RMS Trader
Drives
volvo 740
Jumping on this thread here @lightning, how much would it be for a DeWalt dcf899 with 2no. 5ah batteries, charger and carry case for? Would you be able to do a better deal if I get the dewalt impact driver body with it as well?

Nothing I can do on those at the minute, we got Dewalt's last 6 which are due to us on Tuesday but are all pre sold. They are £299, haven't got a date from them when they are back in stock but im expecting at least mid August best case.

Could do £299 on the metabo with 2x 5.2. Same as this. Have Makita and Milwaukee too but they are more money.

https://www.ffx.co.uk/tools/product...MIoa-VvMTB3AIVSbftCh0IiwHbEAYYBCABEgJAefD_BwE

Dee85

RMS Regular
Drives
Seat Leon 2.0tdi
Nothing I can do on those at the minute, we got Dewalt's last 6 which are due to us on Tuesday but are all pre sold. They are £299, haven't got a date from them when they are back in stock but im expecting at least mid August best case.

Could do £299 on the metabo with 2x 5.2. Same as this. Have Makita and Milwaukee too but they are more money.

https://www.ffx.co.uk/tools/product...MIoa-VvMTB3AIVSbftCh0IiwHbEAYYBCABEgJAefD_BwE
Is that £299 including the vat for the dewalt wrench set? Would you be able to do a better deal if I get the impact driver body with the kit?

lightning

RMS Trader
Drives
volvo 740
Yeah it’s all in but as said it’s sold out including the ones that are arriving tomorrow. I rang them there and they are unable to give a definite date, reading between the lines it will be for the next quarters deals on September 1st, prices may be up or down depending on what deals they put on. I would hope we would have them in and on offer for our annual open day on September 4th.

Is that £299 including the vat for the dewalt wrench set? Would you be able to do a better deal if I get the impact driver body with the kit?

Dee85

RMS Regular
Drives
Seat Leon 2.0tdi
Yeah it’s all in but as said it’s sold out including the ones that are arriving tomorrow. I rang them there and they are unable to give a definite date, reading between the lines it will be for the next quarters deals on September 1st, prices may be up or down depending on what deals they put on. I would hope we would have them in and on offer for our annual open day on September 4th.

@lightning Thanks, Keep me posted when the Dewalt impact wrench comes back in stock sure, would be keen on getting my hands on one.

chapletown

RMS Regular
Drives
G20 M340i X
Hi I’ll just jump on here to save starting a new thread. Do you guys have the Makita dtw1002z impact wrench? Would be interested in price for bare unit and a kit. Cheers! @lightning

lightning

RMS Trader
Drives
volvo 740
Hi I’ll just jump on here to save starting a new thread. Do you guys have the Makita dtw1002z impact wrench? Would be interested in price for bare unit and a kit. Cheers! @lightning

The full kit with 2x 5.0 is £350+ vat. I'd need to check the bare unit but probably £185+ ish.

lightning

RMS Trader
Drives
volvo 740
Music to my ears. Any good deals on 4/5" 18V grinders? Also do you have any robust handheld worklights/inspection lamps in?

Yes plenty of 18v grinder kits in both makita and metabo, there is a couple of different models but the top end one is about £250+ vat with 2x 5.0 batteries. We don't have makita torches singly but I can do the 6 piece kit at £499+ which comes with 3 batteries, and includes a grinder and a torch.

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
@lightning I don't suppose you stock this particular kit?
Screenshot_20190617-100830_Chrome.jpg

Will likely call up at some stage as I think I'll get one the sealey jacks. Cheers

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
Yeah we have it in stock ok. We're £199 all in but i'm sure 197 is no problem.

I won't quibble with you over a quid 😂 will call up when I get a chance, I'm sure I'll need the wagon as I think there may be a few bits and pieces bought!

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini SE
Again, to save starting a new thread. Looking for an impact wrench just for spinning wheel bolts off and on. Was looking at this as I already have a Makita drill

Antoin

RMS Regular
Drives
E60 535d
surely itd be able to break wheel studs at approx 75-100lb/ft?

That's assuming they have been torqued correctly.
Would be nothing worse than buying a gun and finding it wouldnt break them free and having to go get the breaker bar out.

The advantage of the gun breaking them free as well is that I can have the wheels jacked up and spin them off without needing to stop the wheel spinning (car in gear/ handbrake/ brake on etc). Also handy for crank bolts etc. Best to go as big as possible.
Cheers 👍🏻
I’ll keep an eye out for the LIDL one

The big Makita might not be much more as a bare tool? Since you have the batteries already it would be a good investment.

I have the dewalt dc899 and its ****ing great.
Changing a puncture at the side of the road in the pishing rain last night for my bro in law was a piece of piss as a result of it.

lightning

RMS Trader
Drives
volvo 740
Again, to save starting a new thread. Looking for an impact wrench just for spinning wheel bolts off and on. Was looking at this as I already have a Makita drill

Yes it should do wheel nuts, provided they haven’t been over torqued with an air gun. If your passing call In any time and I can show you some options.