Corsa C 00-06 Passenger Side Water Leak

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

ChrisM-91

RMS Member
Drives
Corsa C
I have dicovered that my 2001 corsa c has a leak under glovebox after a heavy night of rain. Seems to only be letting in around 100mls of water. I researched online and quite a few people have had this problem. I was looking and guys have mentioned that there is a design fault with the BCM housing on the Corsa C models. Researched estimated costs to fix are anyhere between £150-240. :worried: Its not A major leak, but its the work to get to the BCM housing and then Silcone around the Grommit directing the wiring harness from the engine bay into the cabin of the car.

I know what is wrong but has anyone have experienced or fixed this before? Is it easy to do yourself? Or is it a job for Vauxhall?

Only bought the car, and as you do, I purchased it in the dry weather so its a bit annoying that It has this problem.

All coments & Help appreciated :grinning:

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Ive heard other people say that if the area around the relay box is clogged up with leaves etc, it blocks drainage channels into the engine compartment, s the water builds up and enters the car instead.

It's an awkward spot, might be worth pulling the battery and ensuring it's all clean around there ( you'll lose radio codes if you disc battery )

ChrisM-91

RMS Member
OP
ChrisM-91
Drives
Corsa C
Ive heard other people say that if the area around the relay box is clogged up with leaves etc, it blocks drainage channels into the engine compartment, s the water builds up and enters the car instead.

It's an awkward spot, might be worth pulling the battery and ensuring it's all clean around there ( you'll lose radio codes if you disc battery )

thanks for the help...i'll have to look into it and let u know

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
I was actually working in around there today removing a fusebox from a car for some parts. It's really not that bad to take apart.

getting the screws out for the lid of that fuse/relay box is a little awkward, but a few minutes will have it done, and that was with battery still in place. Although for you wanting to clean/seal, removing battery would be easier.

Chris Mac

RMS Regular
Drives
MK8 GTi CS
Is it my old blue one with the tv in the dash?

If so I have drilled holes through the bulkhead for the speaker wires to the boot, that's where your leak is

ChrisM-91

RMS Member
OP
ChrisM-91
Drives
Corsa C
Is it my old blue one with the tv in the dash?

If so I have drilled holes through the bulkhead for the speaker wires to the boot, that's where your leak is

No mate, if u talking tome that is lol. It's a common fault with the Corsa C's but il get it sorted asap.

thanks for the input again lads

ChrisM-91

RMS Member
OP
ChrisM-91
Drives
Corsa C
So the car is going into get fixed tomorrow. Not at Vauxhall might I add. (they are charging £78.50 per hour and estimated 4hour job). My local mehanic who served his time with vauxhal and fixed this problem before l says no more than £50 quid if its the common fault(and thats all in). Ill get back with the results. rear passenger side footwell looks like a swimming pool lol

ChrisM-91

RMS Member
OP
ChrisM-91
Drives
Corsa C
So an Hours work and £20 later the work on the BMC housing leak was finished. The BMCHousing was missing a srcew, (one of which wasn't in correctly) and the seal itself had signs of abuse, as if someone had attempted to fix it previously.

So after Getting rid of the water and using a quarter of a tank of fuel to drie the footwells out, lets hope when rain comes my passengers feet will stay dry. Once again thanks for the help!!:grinning:

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
the heater will never dry it out. You'll need to lift the carpet and ensure floor is 100% dry, and dry the carpet from below. It may feel dry from above, but if there has been water there, it will have soaked through everything.

billsbluewhale

Drives
KIA
engine.jpg

I found the seal around the BCM may be the culprit. Mine was rotten, soaking on the top right side when I removed it today. You will need to take battery out to get at it.
All my drains were clear.

ChrisM-91

RMS Member
OP
ChrisM-91
Drives
Corsa C
View attachment 29781
I found the seal around the BCM may be the culprit. Mine was rotten, soaking on the top right side when I removed it today. You will need to take battery out to get at it.
All my drains were clear.

Yea i got thie sported by a mate for £20... so all sorted and dried carpets out myself. so it has been staying dry for now....:grinning:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.