corsa vxr lifter tick

Dexter mcf

RMS Regular
Drives
Orion ghia, XR3i
Question folks my 08 vxr corsa has what seems to ve noise coming from the hydraulic tappets possibly one or 2, they all have numbers on the inside, i take it these are numbers from being shimmed the problem is I was a bit silly and didn't number them talking them out, ive a new set on the way that I'm guessing will need shimmed problem being how do I do about it? Do my cams and new tappets need to be sent away to be shimmed and they will come back numbered which one goes where or have I made a major mess up here ?

20200513_110806.jpg

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Seems strange hydraulic lifters would need shimmed. Isn't that the reason why they're hydraulic - so you don't need shims.

bin laden

RMS Member
Drives
octavia
check the gauze on bottom pick up pipe comes of oil pump into sump. sounds like its part blocked seen that happen

Dexter mcf

RMS Regular
OP
Dexter mcf
Drives
Orion ghia, XR3i
I dont know folks that's why I'm hoping for an expert here or someone thats built a few of these engine s and knows them inside out

carmad.

RMS Regular
Drives
good old bird
so you pulled a perfectly good engine apart because it was tappy and now it’s tapping worse ?

not trying to be a **** btw as i have built quite a few vauxhall engines

did you put all the cam followers back in the number they came out ??

did you soak the hydrolic lifters in oil before ya reinstalled them ?

have you a picture off the shim numbers ? as i have a head for parts and also a full z16ler forsale

when you had it apart for the ticking what exactly did you do ?

southsky sunrise

RMS Regular
Drives
Old skool
Knowing our @Dexter mcf hes took it apart, f**ked half it over his shoulder, phones went... 4 cars sold later and he’s came back and forgot half of where he was and rushed it back together 🤔

Manover50

RMS Regular
Drives
JaguarXFR-S
Followers could be worn oil as already said you have an oil pressure issue to the lifters.
Could even be crap oil, a failing oil pump or just some sludge in a critical oil way.
If you have air in the lifters it will eventually squish out but could be days, weeks or months before its all out during which time the lifters aren't able to work as intended due to the hydraulic effects of air vs oil