Cost effective wheel cleaning products

Dub_cub 89

RMS Regular
Drives
Evo 6 / cbr400rr
If you’ve let them get out of hand like I tend to over winter or prolonged bad weather I can highly recommend cillit bang, only discovered how good it is a few weeks ago myself

Bizizl

RMS Member
Drives
350z
Power Maxed regular use wheel cleaner is cost effective for 5L concentrate. It's my latest.
Valet Pro Bilberry is also good. Took me a while to get through 1L concentrate.

I'm sure there are plenty more options for you also, but I'd stray away from 500ml bottles if you want anything cost effective, as it's easy to use a lot in one go.

Lappintyre

RMS Regular
Drives
Model Y / M3
Mud Buster 5lt Alloy Wheel Cleaner is around £20, great product, lasts for ages and is safe to use as an all over pre-wash too. I use it all the time

brocks

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW X6 M50d
@Gareth Glimmerman Alloy Cleaner is my go to nowadays..... best diluted at around the same ratio as your foam lance and you can get 2 ltrs for under £10 to try it out (diluted to about 5 ltrs worth of product. Spray on leave a few minutes and jet wash off removes 90% of std road / brake dust filth

Nigelo

RMS Regular
I find most wheel cleaners do 'the job' but it's the agitation with a brush that is the important step, or the alloys still seem to have a dusty covering. That's after articulate and wheel cleaner.

Philljdm

RMS Regular
Drives
mk2.5 focus st
Screenshot_20191227_181516_com.android.chrome.jpg

anyone used This wheel cleaner £14 with discount

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
We’ve sold quite a few 25L drums of Autobrite Very Cherry non acidic concentrated wheel cleaner recently, it’s only £65.

Seems great value.

Last edited:

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
I have been waiting for Auto fanatic wheel cleaning foam to become available in the UK, it is meant to be available on amazon uk soon but no sign so far.

If it works like it’s does in the YouTube videos it will be the only wheel cleaner I will ever buy.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Could be missing something here, but have always just used whatever the cars being washed with. How bad do your wheels get to warrant a separate cleaner?

To be honest the only time I've ever needed anything other than water was when the wheels hadn't been touched in years.

S2K-Aaron

RMS Regular
Drives
Daily Hack
Anyone any more thoughts on wheel cleaners?

Wheels are coated with Gyeon n n Rim and car is washed once a week.

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Anyone any more thoughts on wheel cleaners?

Wheels are coated with Gyeon n n Rim and car is washed once a week.

If they’re coated I reckon you’re grand with some TFR (Articulate), power hose, then wash with your mitt or wheel brush.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
guys, @big_pete would always say to treat your wheels like an extension of your car paint, so don't use anything too harsh.

if they've been coated, then a properly diluted and applied traffic film remover should be fine.

dedicated wheel cleaners are great at what they do, but products like Purge fallout remover doesn't need to be used on each wash, no matter how easy it makes cleaning!