Cost of M Perfomance body kit F15 X5

davyk31

RMS Regular
Anyone any idea of the cost to fit the M Performance body parts to a F15 X5?

Are there genuine and copy kits available? What all is included in the kit?

Also bigger wheels are likely needed once it’s kitted out. What kind of price for a set of 22” wheels and tyres?

there are quite a few dealers over here who seem to kit up the cars before sale and trying to work out if it’s better buying one fully kitted or buy one from England and fit the kit later.

J55NI

RMS Regular
Just a heads up some of the replicas can be terrible quality, Gaps around the edges etc. Give Paul @ Top gear NI a shout though he should be able to supply you a decent fitting one.

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
You sound like a mid ulster car dealers dream customer.
if you haven’t bought the car yet I’d try find one with the factory kit. Least it will all look correct and paint aged similarly etc.

davyk31

RMS Regular
OP
D
Very very few with the factory kit already fitted sadly.
Top Gear seem to fit them to every X5 they get in so can’t see it’s a mega cost although ultimately the customer is paying.

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Wheels/Tyres alone will probably be £1400-£1600.

Id say the kit, replica made, would be another £800-£1000 depending on quality.

Pretty sure its the front lip, side extensions, rear diffuser and then spoiler.

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
I’d imagine it’s a 3 grand operation by time done, maybe more.

mark19

RMS Regular
Drives
golf
You sound like a mid ulster car dealers dream customer.
if you haven’t bought the car yet I’d try find one with the factory kit. Least it will all look correct and paint aged similarly etc.
They are mostly all left black from factory so dont need to sorry about paint match

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Have you priced up a new genuine kit with BMW? NI-BMW are sponsored by JKC and they seem pretty good with prices. I got a replacement petrol filler cap for about £10 cheaper than the next cheapest online. At least the genuine stuff will be good quality and fit well.

davyk31

RMS Regular
OP
D
Good shout on JKC Nick and worth a try. Haven’t even decided yet if I’m buying an X5 so it’s all just food for thought now. Getting one already kitted may be handier.

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Country Garage were also very good when I was buying the spoiler for the M3.

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
If you add an aftermarket kit it will annoy you every time you look at it.

Buy a car with the spec you want, I know how fussy you are and I guarantee you would regret aftermarket kits and wheels!

davyk31

RMS Regular
OP
D
I know you are right Graeme but getting one with the factory kit is hens teeth. Likewise even 21” upgrade wheels are few and far between. But as you say the slightest blemish would be a no go for me.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Loads of sets of genuine 21” wheels on eBay.

I’d put the £3k for the kit towards a better spec’d car just, or else a 50d!

davyk31

RMS Regular
OP
D
It would likely be a 50d I would be hunting but they are pretty rare and most come on the 20” wheels which is surprising as some have almost every option ticked. The M Performance kit I think I have only seen on one for sale.

greyfloppyhat

RMS Regular
Too many ill fitting kits has put me of these, I think it cheapens them, you'd be far better off putting ~5k (kit,wheels, tyres) into one with a higher spec .....Comfort seats :heart_eyes: extended leather

If you want to make it look more aggressive.... get the X5M

davyk31

RMS Regular
OP
D
X5M is still kinda on the radar although was a bit put off when I heard they don’t sound that special. For the extra fuel costs over a 50d it’s maybe hard to justify.

variant

RMS Regular
Drives
T5, Up Gti
It would likely be a 50d I would be hunting but they are pretty rare and most come on the 20” wheels which is surprising as some have almost every option ticked. The M Performance kit I think I have only seen on one for sale.

Have you driven an X5 on 21"?

theres a good reason most end up with 20"

greyfloppyhat

RMS Regular
X5M is still kinda on the radar although was a bit put off when I heard they don’t sound that special. For the extra fuel costs over a 50d it’s maybe hard to justify.
I was in a x5m not so long ago, and even though I own a F15 it felt so much more special, if I didn't have a wedding to pay for I'd have one in a heartbeat. They are a completely different league, if it's on the radar/in budget I would go for it.

richie_mck

RMS Regular
Cotswold BMW were mile cheaper than any other BMW dealer for the genuine spoiler for our BM, that included shipping.

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3
Guy I work with got JKC to fit and supply a kit for his F30 and was under a grand.

I fitted a replica/fake kit onto a mates 430d last month which he ordered from Aliexpress think the whole thing cost 200 all in delivered and fitment was grand all fitted together as it should didn't even need to jam wood behind the bumper to make it fit :laughing:

My advice would be do not buy one with the kit fitted without receipts that it was a genuine BMW kit as they command a big premium but 99.9% of cars do not have a genuine kit.

Loggie

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra
Bump - does anyone know where the dealers are sourcing the kits or any idea of an all in fitted price for a good quality one?