Could Everyone do me a Favour?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

KeithRobinson

RMS Regular
Drives
911Turbo
Basically, the Goverment is looking to close the railway line from Maiden City to Ballymena. My Father works as a train driver, and has worked in the railway since he was 16! My mum doesnt work as she's got a really bad back. So if my Dad loose's his job the effect isnt going to be good!

Now this isnt the only reason the railway shouldnt close! There just taking on 21 new Trains, which are absolutely fantastic, inside and out. With just the new trains, the time to belfast will be cut to 1 hour 30 mins. If we secure funding to improve the line, it would be around 1 hour 5-10mins!

If the line closes, we will be the only country in the whole of europe that doesnt have a high speed rail link between its 2 major citys!

If the Line close's instead of being improved, goverment figure's show that in 2010, 162 more people will die on our roads as a result!

It cost 1 million to lay 1 mile of track. But it cost 10 million to lay 1 mile of motorway!

Now, all i'm asking is if you could call into either XL Motorfactors, The waterside Railway station, Coleraine Station, and sign a petition! All thats needed is your name, address and post code.

Cheers

Keith

merlin

RMS Regular
Keith,

If i'm up that way over the weekend i'll call in and sign the petition.

Phil_D

RMS Regular
Any chance of getting an online petition sorted out, i would sign it as would may others.......

Porter

RMS Regular
yeah, i wouldnt be able to make it to the store, an online one would be far better

Ev206

RMS Regular
Why are they thinking of closing the line?
Is it because the service is not used by enough people?, maybe you would be better trying to get more people to use the service, instead of getting a petition to keep open a line which is perhaps running at a loss.

KeithRobinson

RMS Regular
OP
KeithRobinson
Drives
911Turbo
It isnt just to keep it open, its to keep open and improve. With proper welded track the train's can do 90mph+ and reach belfast to maiden city in just over an hour! At the moment the trains are lucky to hit 65mph and it takes close to 2 hours!

The new trains rock, was in them last week with my dad. Really comfortable, alot faster, quieter and safer!

There's 11 bus's leave the town every day to go to belfast, full of people. With an improved line, with the new trains. One 6-7 coach train could take all those people to belfast in an hour & 10 mins!

Once the new trains are in place, there will be a service from the 2 main citys taking 1 hour 30 minutes, only stoping at coleraine and L'derry. This is on the same old line, but funding to sort the track would shorten the time greatly!

Send me a PM with your name, address & postcode and i'll fill the sheets in!

Cheers :laughing:

Keith

KeithRobinson

RMS Regular
OP
KeithRobinson
Drives
911Turbo
NewTraindelivery.jpg

Keith

KeithRobinson

RMS Regular
OP
KeithRobinson
Drives
911Turbo
NewTraindelivery.jpg

Every opportunity has been taken during the design period to ensure passengers will benefit from the latest technical innovations resulting in a smoother ride and quieter rail travel. Safety has been of paramount concern, and C3k trains will be the first in Europe to meet the latest safety standards. Key findings from extensive public consultation on design and build preferences have been incorporated into the final technical specification of the trains. Each train is fully compliant with the latest accessibility legislation, capable of 90mph, fully air-conditioned and has seating for over 200 passengers.

In addition each train is fitted with state of the art visual and audible passenger information systems, digital CCTV, toilet and baby changing facilities

C3k features include:
• Manufactured to the latest industry standards, including Rail Vehicle Accessibility Regulations (RVAR)
• Capable of speeds of up to 90mph (145kmp)
• Automatic opening doors at 1/3 and 2/3 intervals
• 202 seats
• Adjustable armrests
• 28 Priority seats
• 23 tabled bays with 4 seats
• Wheelchair access with dedicated accommodation for 2 wheelchairs and 1 companion seat
• 2 toilets, 1 fully wheelchair accessible
• Carpeted floors
• Air conditioning
• Baby changing facilities
• Accommodation for up to four bicycles
• Digital CCTV
• Audible and visual passenger information system
• Tinted and laminated glass windows
• External destination displays front and side
• Ergonomic cab design
• Overhead luggage racks
• Fire detection and control system
• Latest environmental and passenger safety features
• Signage in Braille and embossed lettering
• Litter bins

Keith

Dermot

Never be about Derry that much.... And never use the trains, But if ya wanted I could pm ya Details and you could sign it for me Kieth ;) I think Public transport sucks in this country... In England trains run everywhere all the time...

Phil-Ray

RMS Regular
Drives
mk4 Fiesta
any one want to sign my name?? im never up at them stations but i do use the railway on other parts and ive been on that line befor and that part of the railway is so butiful

that part of the railway was on the to 10 or 20 best railway jurneys in the world by michael palin

in this book

VID100002b.jpg

where is xl motorfactors?? that may be closer to me

Jmax

RMS Regular
and im sure stevie wouldnt mind u postin it on just-cruizin aswell

BJ

Banned
Why should I care if the train line closes? :?

I'll never use it anyway so makes no odds either way.

Obviously don't wish any misfortune on you or your family but we all have our troubles in life and guess what,I don't worry about your's any more than you will worry about mine! :roll:

Phil-Ray

RMS Regular
Drives
mk4 Fiesta
BJ said:

Obviously don't wish any misfortune on you or your family but we all have our troubles in life and guess what,I don't worry about your's any more than you will worry about mine! :roll:

jsut cus u never use the train doenst mean its not a great loss to our railnetwork or heratage

Jmax

RMS Regular
i can c bj's point but there no need for it as he should be only to happy to help as its not askin much

KeithRobinson

RMS Regular
OP
KeithRobinson
Drives
911Turbo
BJ said:

Cos it'll be another step backwards for this country. We'd be the only country in europe that wouldnt have a high speed rail link between our 2 major citys!

Were the only region in europe that doesnt have a freight train service! Over 1 million ton's of cargo is driven from lisahally docks every week. Where as a train could do the work of 20 lorrys!!

Keith

Max

RMS Regular
Drives
Gaterpillars
BJ said:

harsh but i agree. :?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.