Covid and going to look at a car in England

thefool1983

RMS Regular
@KevM so yes then?
A lateral flow test is a home test.
They are free to order and are not regulated like a pcr test.

So batter away, you will be fine.
If you need a serial no. Of a lateral flow test, pm me and ill help you out 😜

Better still, I can give you one of the unused tests I have

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
When are you going? I’m torn between flying and just letting a transporter pick it up for me. The latter is working out dearer than I expected though.

Gemma

RMS Regular
Cheers Aer Lingus

Screenshot_20210612_110912_com.facebook.katana.jpg

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Stobart Air have gone bust, not really Aer Lingus' fault. Just one of many that will be hit by this, more than 450 staff have lost their jobs.

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Yeah, crap all round unfortunately. Whereabouts were you going?

Gemma

RMS Regular
@FM155 netwon Abbot, Torquay 🤦‍♀️

Torque can't lift us due to covid so it's literally, planes, trains and taxis all the way there

Gemma

RMS Regular
@FM155 yea @Chris tii sent me the way he had to go but as said, just pricing it up and its getting very expensive very quickly. I'll see how it goes 🤭

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
@FM155 netwon Abbot, Torquay 🤦‍♀️

Torque can't lift us due to covid so it's literally, planes, trains and taxis all the way there

Flip, Torque definitely isn’t handy I see! No trains from Bristol airport?

Have you priced transporter? It’s not cheap either!

Would Torque meet you at Bristol airport with it? I’ve bought a car from Boston and after a lot of head scratching, I asked if they could transfer it to a dealership within the group and they agreed to get it over to Birmingham.

Last edited:

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
Drives
Skip
@FM155 yea @Chris tii sent me the way he had to go but as said, just pricing it up and its getting very expensive very quickly. I'll see how it goes 🤭
Plane to Birmingham and then train into new street from airport then direct on cross country trains to newton Abbott. Get the train line app for cheaper rail tickets and avoid peak commuter times for cheaper fairs.

Be weary of weekend rail travel, it’s when the usually do engineering works and buses replace trains.

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Getting from Bristol Airport to Temple Mead Station is a pain in the hole and Taxis from the airport are extortionate so going to Birmingham is a fair enough idea. Other option is to pick up a bus going to Weston Super-Mare to get the train as you are heading the right general direction rather than getting into Bristol traffic etc.

@Lyons I went with a mate from Derby to Boston for an old car and it took us around 2.5 hours to get there, nice drive through the fields of vegetables though. Once you get past Grantham, the land is as flat as a witches tit and planted out in veg. Good plan to get it into brum really but I do like a roadtrip.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
no flights to Newquay or Exeter ?

Or just drive

Just in case things go tits up and you end up with no way home either.

Last edited:

Gemma

RMS Regular
Just looked a Newquay. Nothing direct from what i can see from a quick look.
Think I'm Gona fly from Belfast to Bristol and uber direct from there to torque gt door for the same price as it is to jump in and out of trains and taxis

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Getting from Bristol Airport to Temple Mead Station is a pain in the hole and Taxis from the airport are extortionate so going to Birmingham is a fair enough idea. Other option is to pick up a bus going to Weston Super-Mare to get the train as you are heading the right general direction rather than getting into Bristol traffic etc.

@Lyons I went with a mate from Derby to Boston for an old car and it took us around 2.5 hours to get there, nice drive through the fields of vegetables though. Once you get past Grantham, the land is as flat as a witches tit and planted out in veg. Good plan to get it into brum really but I do like a roadtrip.

Don’t get me wrong, I love a new car collection road trip too, but a 3hr train out to the dealership then a further 2hrs driving back is 5hrs that I could really do without losing. I’ll still have 3hrs to Holyhead then another hr and a half up the road from Dublin too!

redanni

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7 R / MK2 RS
@Gemma personally I’d be getting it lifted.
Saves a lot of faffing about. Mine was about £300 door to door 👍