Crash Services ref Write Off

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Just noticed this, nightmare.

Any update? I assume they are claiming off the MIB? Good news on the guy actually getting done for it in this instance though.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Puzzled as to why more people don’t have guaranteed hire cars on their policies? Surely this would avoid accident management companies, whose sole motive is profit at the expense of everyone else’s premiums?
Personally I have only experienced one write-off which was dealt with efficiently by wife’s insurers so perhaps blinkered by a positive experience.

And a guaranteed hire car wouldnt push up premiums ?

All of these things push up premiums, as well as countless others. But nobody seems to make a big deal about them. If the insurance system was honest and legit....premiums would be a fraction of the price they are. But every aspect is corrupt as ****.

Reactions: wes

MarkJ2293

RMS Regular
In fact insurance companies have been caught on pushing up premiums and blaming it on a large percentage of fraudulent claims when the amount of fraudulent claims was actually in single figures. Also most insurance companies will supply a hire car to their own customers and charge the other insurer the same way an Accident Management company does. I’ll see if I can’t find a link

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
My own insurance had their own in house accident management department and the daily rate they had for an Audi A4 was mental

Cartunes

RMS Regular
Drives
Schkodah
Didn't use Crash but I was given a cheque for the car minus salvage and was then told that I could do whatever I wanted with the car. Was a bit of a pain in the hole to be honest because I was landed with the motor and no idea what to do with it. It seems to be fairly common.

Edit: I wouldn't worry about SORNing it just yet tbh.
I find it hard to believe that you wouldn't know what to do with a salvaged car mate...... 😜

rupertfinch

RMS Regular
Sorry I’ll take that back, it was 19 fraudulent claims! This is in the south but it’s all the big companies using the same figures. The link is below

Largely irrelevant as this is in reference to a foreign market. I can personally recollect a past pupil whose ability to rack up ‘dubious’ claims (I’ll not use fraudulent as that’s a medical/legal minefield) would account for over 10% of the Republics total.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
In fact insurance companies have been caught on pushing up premiums and blaming it on a large percentage of fraudulent claims when the amount of fraudulent claims was actually in single figures. Also most insurance companies will supply a hire car to their own customers and charge the other insurer the same way an Accident Management company does. I’ll see if I can’t find a link

No, the problem is they do not look into or investigate fraudulent claims, so any numbers quoted are bull****.

If they dont refuse or investigate....how can they ever know how many are fraudulent ? And when it would cost them far more money to challenge and investigate vs just paying out and pushing premiums up....there is little incentive to investigate.
Likewise challenging claims through the court system. Court costs push this approach through the roof, so it's easier for them to settle before it gets that far.

Ultimately we all pay the price, not the insurance companies.

The lying ****s will say it is the so called uninsured that push premiums up.....no, not even close. It'd be a drop in the ocean compared to the corruption within the system and lack of working to prevent fraud.

If anything the only claims they seem to try and refuse or push down, are those making legitimate claims !

brocks

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW X6 M50d
Have direct experience of “a company” costing an injured party in excess of £10,000 of his allocated compensation due to their advice...obviously can’t mention company name here, but it is very relevant......

Nicky Glanza

RMS Regular
Drives
BMX
I may be the only one but I have seen 5+ cars fixed by very reputable companies via accident management companies and stevie wonder would have done a better job

ShaunB

RMS Regular
I may be the only one but I have seen 5+ cars fixed by very reputable companies via accident management companies and stevie wonder would have done a better job
I can vouch for that, a friend had a car repaired via a CRASH repair company, and they made a right pigs ear of it.
3 times it had to go back.
Even now, some of the repaired paint seems to beginning to flake, and its maybe about a year later since repair.

Even the first time he went to collect it, it was filthy inside, there were white feet marks on the mats, white hand prints on the seats.

bill

Banned
Didnt read all the reply's but you can sak for the car back if you want.

Chris_702

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M2
Id an assessor out to inspect a car of mine on behalf of Crash. His words to me "What do you want me to do with this?"
When I questioned what I meant he said do you want it written off and you can buy the car back for a few quid and keep the difference.

Ben P

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW F33/A6C7
@Chris_702 same here.

He was sound. He could see our I was a car guy and thought I might be able to fix it cheaper myself so gave me the option.

I ended up letting the car go as the value we got for it was £1500 more than I paid for it.

_James_

RMS Regular
Drives
V50/M135i
Id an assessor out to inspect a car of mine on behalf of Crash. His words to me "What do you want me to do with this?"
When I questioned what I meant he said do you want it written off and you can buy the car back for a few quid and keep the difference.

x2. Only car I’ve ever made money on!