Crazy actions here

RallyCiaran

RMS Regular
Drives
Nova 1600 8v
There was a whole fight in the pit lane afterwards too.
The guy is 23 and was fighting a child. Then his dad came in and body slammed the child into a fence!

Antoin

RMS Regular
Drives
E60 535d
Just watched it on twitter. Good to see the da getting a hammering after hitting the wee karter.
Imagine attacking a wean, the wee fella was barely over 5ft from the look of him. About a ft shorter than Luca Corberi!

PaulYDP

RMS Regular
Drives
R1 Turbo
He released a statement yesterday apologising and stating he will never race competitive motorsport again so ending his own career before someone else does it for him, which was inevitable after that madness!

stevyg

RMS Regular
Awful and despicable conduct. I would ban him for life along with his dad who owns the track and rugby tackled the kid. Along with no more FIA sanctioned events at a track in his ownership for 10 years. I'm sure he will get sued over it too.
The FIA need to promote karting more, the world championships are the pinnacle of karting and never even get a mention on their social media, it's a shame people only hear about the muppets in karting.

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
What caused him to go off that he thought it was someone else's fault? That seems completely irrational for an accidental off that no one else was to blame.

Regardless throwing a bumper at someone's head at that speed is shocking

stevyg

RMS Regular
Felipe Massa is the FIA head of karting, so the decision will fall on him. He's normally a bit of a wimp but since he was involved with a stray object to the head in '09 he knows how serious this is and I hope he comes down on them hard.

S2K-Aaron

RMS Regular
Drives
Daily Hack
I raced Karts for 12+ Years and I genuinely couldn't believe him throwing the bumper. So so lucky that it didn't actually hit anyone. As for the fight after, that's why we always kept our helmets on after the race and through Parc Ferme šŸ˜‚

All seriousness though, I know he's said he's retiring but I'd still make an example of him. Also ban FIM events using that track as said above his Dad owns it

S2K-Aaron

RMS Regular
Drives
Daily Hack
What did the wee lad do that made the other karter and the da behave like maniacs?

Apparently the fella that ended in the Barrier tried to push the smaller lad off the track at some point but the smaller fella get him first lol. Not sure if that's true or not only what I've read. Unfortunately there's no video of that part.

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
What an absolute pillock.

It's not unusual for a bit of rivalry in Motorsport and there's been tons of stories over the years, of the likes of Senna and Mansell having a bust up in the pits for example. But to wait at the side of the track and throw a bumper at someone is totally OTT, and at those speeds, could have resulted in a very serious injury. And instead of catching himself on, him and his Dad then wade into the pit lane and compound their idiocy by attacking the other driver. He clearly doesn't have the temperament for this kind of career.