Cupra 280 or vxr

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Haven't got one up yet pablo, might take a few pics here today and get one up, nothing too exciting about it yet its as bog standard as you could get lol.

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
So they've offered me a fairly reasonable deal.

Only things I need to decide on are, can I live with white (not a colour I'd have preferred, but it does look well) and am I happy not taking a vxr after it being the initial choice.

@Gaz @pablo @Lyons @jonny_w

Thoughts?

(pic just for visuals)
scott-21.10.jpg

Do like them but just think the VXR looks better!

Ghost

RMS Regular
That's the drive in the Cupra done, what an absolute hallion.

Need to see it in daylight, but the inside definitely seemed no worse than the golf in its build quality, maybe a little more 'plain' but not awful. Got to open it up on some B roads and a carriageway and it was absolutely brilliant craic.

I'm not one for white cars, but it looked rather crisp in white. Feel like it has the features I would like in the golf without the premium. Again probably an unpopular standpoint but I think it's between it and the vxr now. The cupra financially is a better option also.
Time to get it bought! Too many badge snobs. Cupra is a far better car in a range of departments compared to other similar cars.

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
So they've offered me a fairly reasonable deal.

Only things I need to decide on are, can I live with white (not a colour I'd have preferred, but it does look well) and am I happy not taking a vxr after it being the initial choice.

@Gaz @pablo @Lyons @jonny_w

Thoughts?

(pic just for visuals)
scott-21.10.jpg

I originally was thinking white ( even though I had a white FR ) as i think they look really well in white with the black mirrors etc and the darker wheels.

If the deal is appealing I would def go for it, splitter suits them perfect and I will be firing one on mine after pete gets his hands on it. I thought about a map and was chatting to a guy about buying his dtuk box but in the end the car is great as is with the power.

martinopy

RMS Regular
Drives
Granturismo
Purely for looks? Then the vxr wins hands down. However I don't think it drives great but neither does the cupra. Personally I think the 135i is hard to beat but the golf r is decent and the Audi S3 is a lovely combination

Ghost

RMS Regular
Purely for looks? Then the vxr wins hands down. However I don't think it drives great but neither does the cupra. Personally I think the 135i is hard to beat but the golf r is decent and the Audi S3 is a lovely combination
Sadly I disagree. I had a budget of £350 pm to spend on a new car.

Drove the S3. Loved it but over priced.
Drove the golf r. Hated the fact everyone sales man and Tom **** and Harry had it.
Drove the type r. Didn't have a bottle of WKD.
Never drove the BMW so can't comment.

The cupra is a far superior car. Looks, spec, power output, feel, comfort, uniqueness and price.

Gambit

RMS Regular
Sadly vauxhall is a cheap alternative. Looks OK. Poor a poor brother in comparison.
Not sure how you class it as a cheap alternative to a Seat? Seat id class as a cheap an alternative to vw,audi,BMW?

Vauxhall I wouldnt put in same class, I'd put it more against a focus ST

Would never compare it to vw/audi/BMW, same I'd never compare Seat or Skoda to the above albeit the same underpinnings

martinopy

RMS Regular
Drives
Granturismo
Sadly I disagree. I had a budget of £350 pm to spend on a new car.

Drove the S3. Loved it but over priced.
Drove the golf r. Hated the fact everyone sales man and Tom **** and Harry had it.
Drove the type r. Didn't have a bottle of WKD.
Never drove the BMW so can't comment.

The cupra is a far superior car. Looks, spec, power output, feel, comfort, uniqueness and price.

Don't get me wrong the cupra is a hoot,I just think it struggles a bit in anything less than perfect conditions. However I've only drove my brothers about 4/5 times so don't really know what it's like to live with on a day to day basis.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
Not sure how you class it as a cheap alternative to a Seat? Seat id class as a cheap an alternative to vw,audi,BMW?

Vauxhall I wouldnt put in same class, I'd put it more against a focus ST

Would never compare it to vw/audi/BMW, same I'd never compare Seat or Skoda to the above albeit the same underpinnings
Agree fully, the vauxhall looks great inside too, far less bland than the leon

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
Worse than a Vauxhall?!

Vauxhall must have come on leaps with the VXR as I know when my brother had his vxr corsa it was very bland inside, except for the seats. Vauxhall always have been boring inside imo.
Does the vxr Astra have touchscreen system? Boost gauges that you can flick between or add apple play onto? These are questions not oh look the Cupra is Billy big balls with it.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.