Cupra discs and pads

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
The dealer was nice enough to tell me that I’ll need discs and pads on the Cupra in the next 5/6k, might make the most of the Black Friday deals and purchase now.

Car get driven daily doing 15/20k a year so don’t need anything built for track but they quoted £662 for them, front only!

What’s the go to these days still Brembo etc?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

_Mackers_

RMS Regular
Don't go near Brembo anymore. Last 2 sets of discs I've had from them have been absolutely *****. Pads are the same. That was on the Freelander.

Our Cupra has Pagid ones on it atm seem good quality, stop well and the pads don't throw of much dust.

RallyCiaran

RMS Regular
Drives
Nova 1600 8v
On Wednesday Howard Abrahams quoted me £276 for front pads, and £660 for front disks and pads on a 2018 Octavia vRS at 75k miles.
Just went for the pads change. £164 parts and £112 labour.

Sham1

RMS Regular
I normally try and fit the oe, had no issues with pagid or ATE over the years. Sometimes genuine are cheaper, bmw for example used to do value line parts for cars over 4 years old. they did a kit with pads and sensor cheaper than euro car parts. I had a golf R that came with allied nippon and couldn’t fault them. Think they make the pads for Bosch and Com Line. All above were standard road use, and at sensible speeds.

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
OP
J
Padgid could be bought, discs and pads circa £300 which isn’t bad.

I’ll price the oem ones via dealer and see what they say. Roadside are normally great to deal with but I was shocked

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
I normally try and fit the oe, had no issues with pagid or ATE over the years. Sometimes genuine are cheaper, bmw for example used to do value line parts for cars over 4 years old. they did a kit with pads and sensor cheaper than euro car parts. I had a golf R that came with allied nippon and couldn’t fault them. Think they make the pads for Bosch and Com Line. All above were standard road use, and at sensible speeds.

Pagid is made by Mintex, they are not OE. ECP own the Pagid brand and it’s boxed by another braking manufacturer. ATE is good stuff though, proper OEM.

Allied Nippon is an absolute budget brand. They really shouldn’t even be on a performance car like a Golf R!

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
OP
J
Also is this what I’m after?

1700846316779.png

Sham1

RMS Regular
Pagid is made by Mintex, they are not OE. ECP own the Pagid brand and it’s boxed by another braking manufacturer. ATE is good stuff though, proper OEM.

Allied Nippon is an absolute budget brand. They really shouldn’t even be on a performance car like a Golf R!
That’s what I thought about allied nippon, I seen them when I took the wheels off to clean. Was going to change them, but they were surprisingly ok. But as above, I wouldn’t have been doing a lot of heavy breaking.
And it’s Jurid I was meaning instead on Pagid. Have fitted textar to a BMW in the past as well, with no issues

Chris tii

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 2002tii
There’s some good Black Friday deals on Awesome GTI if you where looking for some nice upgraded parts.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
I believe the Premier are better. That’s what i have in the X5 and they have been great so far.