Current options for a Das 6 Pro

Mont

RMS Regular
Drives
SupraMINIMX5
I’ve had a Das 6 Pro for years and years. No doubt there are better machines but it’s done ok for all I use it these days.

Up until now I’ve been using Meguiars 105 and 205 for cutting and polishing on hex logic pads but my big bottle of 105 Ultra Cut is running out so I’m wondering what people are using these days on a DA? Also what pads?

Reactions: dub

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
105 and 205 are unbeatable. Add in some d300 to that mix and you can tackle 90% of paints with them. Mix that with some megs microfibre cutting discs and a mixture of rupes foam and you can take on pretty much anything.

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
I'd be a very keen enthusiast when it comes to home/DIY detailing and have tried a number of brands. Simply, there is no 'go to' or 'best' answer. As with most things in car cleaning, there are a lot of companies with lots of polishes in their range. I'm now using different compounds and polishes from Meguiars, CarPro and Rupes. Not because they're the 'best' but they're the ones I've had the best results with.

I'm yet to try Sonax, Menzerna, Koch Chemie etc etc and I'm sure they will get the same results as their competitors.

For pads my microfiber ones are Meguiars, foam are mainly Rupes. If I HAD to pick a 2 pad/2 liquid system though I'd pick Meguiars D300 and microfiber pads for cutting and Rupes yellow pads and CarPro Reflect for refining.

That choice is based on the paint being a 'normal' hardness. My old Nighthawk black Type R paint was so soft that it too a lot of trial and error to get it where I wanted it and also advice from @Davey@Procar and @big_pete

anlygi

RMS Regular
Drives
FN2 CTR
Considering a DAS-6 Pro myself as I've always wanted to try my hand at machine polishing. The car is swirl city in direct sun, being soft, black Honda paint like @Gareth mentions, well it's bronze pearl in direct sun, but mostly looks black. Glazes applied by hand take the bad look off, but don't last at all. I'm totally clueless what pads and products to go for though. I already have unused Meg's Ultimate Compound and Polish I was gifted, would these do the job by DA or should I go with something else? I've a few panels I'll be practicing on before going near the car!

dub

RMS Regular
Drives
Aero Wagon
Regarding the polishes, are there small versions that you can buy and try out instead of getting the whole big bottle?

Snoopcousins

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
Just done my S3 with Menzerna 2500 as a one-step and a little Menzerna HC400 for a few heavier marks ..
First time using it, little dusty for my liking but seemed to work well.
Have precisely used Scholls S40 black and it was good for a one-step.
Would love to have the patience and time to try a proper full 2 or 3 step
IMG_1699.jpeg

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
e60 320d
I’ve a ryobi polisher one of the ones that takes a microfibre bonnet. Is it worth buying some compound to take out some swirls and marks or do you really need a proper da. I haven’t used the ryobi is years now I bought it to take of wax but it’s easier to do by hand 🤣

Edit one of these
IMG_1961.png

Turks

RMS Regular
Drives
Passat/Impreza
I’ve a ryobi polisher one of the ones that takes a microfibre bonnet. Is it worth buying some compound to take out some swirls and marks or do you really need a proper da. I haven’t used the ryobi is years now I bought it to take of wax but it’s easier to do by hand 🤣

Edit one of these
View attachment 436856
I’m not sure if that would do your job or not but the expert’s might be able to advise you better. I can lend you a da if you need one.

Modmedia

RMS Regular
Drives
Tesla M3P

Edit one of these
View attachment 436856

Those are a waste of time really. A cheap DA be much better and not far off that price.

lennyd

RMS Regular
Drives
a car
I think it has a longer lead, which is handy, but not sure on other differences. The longer lead alone makes life a lot easier rather than trailing extension leads about

_James_

RMS Regular
Drives
V50/M135i
Funnily enough i was just about to grab one of those lawnmower extension blocks for mine as the cable is daftly short. For all I ever use it, I’ll just stick with the DAS6.

Snoopcousins

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
If I was starting again, I’d buy one of the cordless DA machines anytime I’ve used mine managing the cable is the most annoying part